It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Changing Weather, Bargains and News.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Last night I pulled out all the stops to be certain that I’d get a decent night’s sleep. Before going to bed I took a Tylenol Night-Time Tablet with body pain control as well as Two 3 mg Melatonin Tablets. I didn’t care that I would probably sleep in. It didn’t work! I would fall asleep but wake up every time I turned over which was probably every Half Hour. As far as the sleeping in I got up out of frustration before 7:00 this morning.

Since I was tossing and turning so much I was also waking Kathy slightly each time. With everything ready to make breakfast I managed to have most of my morning reading on the Computer finished before Kathy got up at slightly after 9:00.

Even with the Blinds open we needed the Lights turned on. The Clouds almost let the Sun shine through for a Minute before totally hiding it for the rest of the day. Even with the heat turned on in the Apartment there was still a chill in the air. Just before starting to make lunch we could see Puddles starting to build in the parking lot.

Knowing we needed to get some groceries today we made our late lunch our large meal for the day. We used the last of the Leftover Pulled Pork on open faced Hamburger Buns along with Cookies, Oranges and Yogurt Cups for dessert. We cleaned up the Dishes before getting ready to leave.

With the Rain coming down fairly steady and the temperature sitting at 43 F (6 C) we needed to wear clothing more suited to the weather. At least we weren’t needing to wear Winter Coats like some parts of the Province were having to do.

With our Shopping List in hand and Masks on our faces we headed straight to Zehr’s grocery store. We needed an assortment of items in the Dairy, Produce, Frozen Foods and Canned Goods. We had planned on buying Bread and Hamburger Buns here but with the price being much higher then the dollar store we held off. If you recall just over a month ago I mentioned the price of Canned Soup had dramatically increased to $3.49 a can. The tags on the shelves indicated that today was the last day they were “On Sale” for $2.00 each. Since my Pension Cheque comes in on the First of the month we only planned on getting what we needed until then but with Low Prices like that we stocked up.

We ended up stopping at Dollarama for a loaf of Bread and a package of Hamburger Buns. We saved Three Dollars by doing that.

It was past 4:30 and we knew we’d be busy putting things away when we got home so using a Coupon we got went to the Taco Bell Drive-Thru where we ordered our supper. It had been a while since we ate there but we enjoyed every bite of the meal.

It was still Raining when we got back to the building so I dropped Kathy at the front entrance and drove around to the back. By the time I arrived there she had gotten a Shopping Cart so I could load our groceries. Kathy brought the Cart upstairs to the Apartment while I parked the Car. We didn’t take as long as we expected to put things away because there was lots of empty space in our Pantry Shelves.

We watched the 6 o’clock Local News where they warned us of below Freezing temperatures tonight. Our area had another Coronavirus Case today. They mentioned that Police had issued a Ticket to a Local Home Owner that was having a party over the weekend where there were over Fifty People inside a house with no Masks and no Social Distancing by anyone there. The Police had been called at 1:30 in the morning about Loud Music being played.

Tonight I’m trying Sleepy-Time Tea in hopes that I can sleep. We’ve got a few things we want to do tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire

4 comments:

  1. We no longer worry about waking up at night or sleepless nights ... we get up early each morning, stay awake all day, and get whatever sleep we can the next night.

    We find, being retired, there is no longer pressure for a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, how can you afford to buy cans of soup at those prices?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're kind of like Maxx Trails too. Ken very rarely has a bad night's sleep. I seem to pretty often but after a few nights it catches up with me. I used to take sleeping pills or melatonin when I was younger, but not anymore. Oh well..as long as I wake up in the morning, I'm happy! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a prior post, you had mentioned that canned soup had gone up but you did not say how much you paid for them. Wow, that is expensive! No wonder you stocked up.

    At Dollar Tree, I can find soup for $1.00 much lower than at the grocery store but limited mostly to Campbell's Tomato, Chicken Noodle, and Cream of Chicken Soup.

    ReplyDelete