It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Old Coins and Bad Timing.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

When I worked out on Friday it helped get a lot of Kinks out of my body. Remembering my own advice I made certain not to overdo it the first time or suffer the consequences. I slept like a rock Friday night but started feeling a few of those Kinks again last night. During breakfast we discussed how busy we were going to be this week visiting with Family and Friends. We also have a few other things that might just slow me down for a few days.

We spent most of the morning at the Computers while finishing our Coffee/Tea before trying to find things. Kathy was looking for a special Case so after finding the right Key was able to look through our Fire Vault. She found our Life Insurance Policies, our Marriage License as well as some old Coins that both of our parents had gotten us when we were children but no Case.

We worked together getting things ready for lunch. While Kathy cooked the Perogies I was busy grating the Cheese that would be added to the Sour Cream and real Bacon Bits as toppings. Kathy also made Frozen Raspberry Tea for us to drink then decided to add Yogurt Cups and a couple of Cookies for dessert.

I managed to start packing my storage containers to return to our Storage Unit. With that under control it was time for me to leave. My destination was back to Planet Fitness to once again make certain those Kinks didn’t get the better of me. Today I spent a bit more time trying to figure out some of the Machines and was quite impressed with the way some felt.

Finally I went back to where the Free Weights were to finish my Exercise Routine. I had planned on finishing off with a Cardio Workout but when I looked at the Big Clock on the wall it showed it was nearly 4:30 so instead I headed to the Showers. Once I got in the Car I noticed the time was the same as the Big Clock on the wall inside. This business just opened on the 17th but that Clock and the one in the Car are both set for Daylight Savings Time. In other words I didn’t workout as long as I thought I did.

I picked up Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwich Combos for our supper so that Kathy wouldn’t have to cook. She had spent most of the afternoon checking to see what our Coins were worth. Their values have definitely skyrocketed from when they were first obtained so we won’t be spending them to buy a Coffee but they are not worth enough for me to retire again.

After supper we watched the Local News before watching more Hallmark Christmas Movies. During the time we Fulltimed in our RV we seldom watched Television but would watch Videos for entertainment. I think we’ll fall back into that routine once the Holiday Season is over. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever gone Christmas shopping at the dollar store.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are continuing your exercise routine. Funny I too ran into some coins my parents have had for many years but I have no idea how to research them to see what they are worth.

    This afternoon I watched a movie on ION and one of the actresses looked so familiar. Half way through I remembered I had seen her in another Christmas production in the Hallmark Channel.

    Had to smile when I read the You Might Be a Redneck portion of your blog tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas shopping at the dollar store.

    Yeah, there was a store full of us Rednecks the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird ... I just found a packet of coins my grandmother had saved. Some really old ones in there. Good for you in keeping up the exercise routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some of my mom's coins, guess I should look them up too! Love the Hallmark Christmas movies even though we all know how they end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bag of coins that belonged to my late husband. Once in awhile I check them out online. I think collectively they are worth about $25. There are a couple of coin shops in town, but I always wonder if they are that trustworthy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it not be nice to be one of those people who finds a coin in their box/bag worth "big bucks". Stay warm.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't spend those coins! You could have a fortune in there.
    I think I better follow your lead and get exercising. These happy hours are putting the pounds on.
    Maybe after Christmas. :-0

    ReplyDelete