It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Making Progress At Work, Standing On One Leg, Weekly Visit and Really Tired.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After kissing Kathy and telling her that “I Love Her” I was soon on my way out the door headed for Work. I actually took my time getting there and only punched in Forty-Five Minutes before the start of my shift.

I had chance to clean up my work area before Gerry my Supervisor showed up. He was there to help me weld the structural supports on the Floor-pan of the Unit. You could see the difference that having the Floor-pan flat on a steel table could make. No warpage, no big gaps and the welds were extremely neat looking.

When the Owner finally showed up he again was making changes to the design but he liked the way the base turned out. When he said that I simply said you have to build the foundation to your house before you add the walls and the roof. We started adding the Hydraulics from another unit only to find that the Hoses were much too short. While I kept working on assembling the Upper Structure Gerry went to get new Hoses made.
Lots of Dust in the air from neighbouring farmers working their fields.
I was asked to finish welding a different design Tailgate before leaving so it would be cool enough to handle in the morning. That added an entire Fifteen Minutes to my shift.
When I walked in the door at Home Kathy was already cooking supper. She made Twice Baked Potatoes with Cheese and Salsa along with a Zucchini as well as pan fried a couple of Salmon Fillets. She figured that I worked hard enough that I deserved a good meal. She also topped that off with Strawberry Covered Yogurt for dessert. I’ll never loose any weight this way.

While I got washed up Kathy did the dishes which allowed us to be out the door by 5:30. We headed to our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s house in Amherstburg for our weekly visit. We had plenty to talk about including what it was like for me being back to work. The only problem I’m having is that I am standing all day and when I’m using the TIG Welder do so while standing on One Leg as I use the other to control the heat of the machine.
As mentioned since my return to Work even Kathy is not sleeping as late like being awake by 7:00 this morning. Even though we were wide awake we were both feeling physically tired. After hugs we were headed for Home but we were hearing McDonald’s telling us they had Dollar Ice Cream Cones calling our names. We couldn’t be rude so we made our way via the Drive-Thru to answer the call.
With all the Cramps that I am feeling in my legs it could well be an Extra Strength Tylenol night to help me sleep. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.

Rudyard Kipling, English Author

11 comments:

  1. Is there a way to only work four days a week? Or six hour days? They know your worth by now and I would think they would be thrilled to have you four days instead of none. You are going to wear yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take some magnesium!!!! Helps with leg cramps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm glad you weren't rude and made the stop for ice cream :-) I really think you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your body adjusts to your new work schedule. You earned that ice cream cone today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a TIG torch with a thumb power control. I will make things much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always hard to get adjusted to the back to work body. I'm sure in no time you'll be able to stand all day. It just takes a week or so to get back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ten years does make a difference since you were in the daily workforce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drink at least 8 or 12 oz of Tonic water (available in diet) - before bed. It has Quinine & really helps with leg cramps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine going back to work and standing for all those hours but I know you will cope! Even after that you're still out running around, you definitely have more energy than me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that you are handling this all very well and believe that your body will adjust. It has only been a few days. Give yourself time. This is a huge change in you life and of course that of you as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm impressed with how well you've stepped back into the working world.

    ReplyDelete