It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Made An Oops, Back To Town and Microwaved Corn On The Cob.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It felt good to be awake before 7:30 this morning. I had everything ready for breakfast before starting to look at some of the News on my Computer when Kathy came downstairs before 8:00. Even though she was slightly congested she was at least breathing better.

After breakfast before sitting back at the Computer I set about doing my inside chores. Once my Coffee was finished I went outside in hopes of getting more of the waxing finished on the Trailer. When I went to replace the Bonnet on the Polisher with one of the new ones purchased yesterday I ran into the first problem. Somehow I thought the Head on the Buffer was smaller then it actually was so there was no way they were going to fit. I thought that I would just carry on doing it all by hand but then where I stored my cache of Micro-Fiber Clothes was suddenly empty.
So the morning would not be a total waste I moved our Car over to Mike and Pats Site since they have been gone for nearly Two Weeks. I then brought out our Garden Sprayer and mixed several batches of Homemade Weed Killer using Vinegar and Dawn Dish Soap. When I mow our grass many times some of the trimmings end up in our parking spots. With time many actually take root eventually making the driveway nearly as green as the Grass itself. Since it didn’t Rain yesterday and it was warm today all the unwanted growth would be thirsty. I also sprayed under our neighbour’s Trailer as well as our own where grass was also beginning to take root.
I had just finished putting the Sprayer away when Kathy called me in for lunch. She was cooking Egg Noodles to go with the Peppered Pork dish she made the other day. With a little Parmesan Cheese sprinkled on it tasted wonderful. As we were eating I explained what happen with the Bonnets and that we would have to return them to get the proper size. That was when Kathy said someone in a Black Truck was stopped out front. When I looked it was our neighbour Mike where I had parked the Car.

After I moved the Car and he got the Truck parked we talked for a bit. He knew it was our Car and had no problem that I had temporarily used his spot. He and Pat had gone visiting some of their kids in Saskatchewan then went out to British Columbia to visit with their other child. They had planned on being gone a month but received a call that Pat’s father had to have Emergency Surgery so they high tailed it back home. She was with her mother and he came to check on their Trailer. He was showing me the Electronics that were in his new Truck because of the built-in Navigation System. Ten Years makes a big difference.
I changed my shoes before Kathy and I headed out the door. Our first destination in Windsor was Princess Auto where we returned the unopened Buffing Bonnets. They came with other Bonnets in the packages that I wouldn’t use on the Trailer.
After the return we headed back to Canadian Tire where they had exactly the Bonnets that I needed and they came Two in a package meaning I only purchased half as many which saved us money. We also purchased a large package of Micro Fiber Clothes that were On Sale for even more savings. (Had to recover the cost of the Gasoline somehow.)
Earlier this morning Kathy had noticed that she was running low on Daytime Tylenol Sinus Tablets so we swung over to the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart where we found the larger sized bottle.

Just walking back and forth from the Car to the Businesses these warm temperatures were getting us down so we went through the Drive-Thru at McDonald’s and got a couple Blueberry/Pomegranate Smoothies that helped us to cool down.
Our last stop was the Canadian Post Office Distribution Center on Walker Road to mail a letter. The advantage of mailing it there is Kathy was able to post it without getting out of the Car.

By the time we got Home our parking spots were completely brown meaning the Vinegar had done its job. Our get up and go also got up and went so we got caught up on our Computer reading. There was a slight problem though because we both had a hard time keeping our eyes open.
For supper we microwaved some Corn on the Cob along with a couple of Chicken Legs. By leaving the Husk on the Corn it holds in the Moisture. Then you cut the end off that connected to the stalk and simply squeeze from the other end. The ear of Corn slides out with hardly any silk on. When you eat it this way it taste better and the entire Kernel comes off the cob.
The Kernels come completely out after cooking it in the Microwave.
This evening we watched the movie “Wild Horses” starring Robert Duvall, James Franco and Josh Hartnett. An interesting movie about Texas horse ranching years ago. We gave it an Eight out of Ten.

Hopefully by getting an early start tomorrow I can make a big difference on waxing the Trailer because the Humidex will be over the Century Mark again. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Attack is the best form of defense.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had had the same success with the homemade weed killing solution consisting of Dawn and vinegar except I also added salt to no avail.

    The Recycling Center is caddy corner to McDonald's. It was so hot that I remembered that you and Kathy always enjoy a Blueberry/Pomegranate smoothie so decided to stop and try one. However, they told me it was seasonal and they no longer have it on their menu. Mentioned it was still available in Canada and she just shrugged her shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love cooking corn that way, thanks to your advice a year or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two had another run around day again getting lots done! Gotta love corn on the cob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had any luck with home made weed killers. Maybe desert weeds are tougher. Which reminds me I better get out there early tomorrow and spray before the rains come this weekend.

    ReplyDelete