It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

Kathy’s Following Suit and Concerns Answered


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Once again I was awake before the alarm went off. After having my breakfast and packing my lunch bag I went upstairs and kissed Kathy telling her that “I loved her” before leaving. If this was for any other reason we would have found some other way out of this.

The one thing I hate is being late for anything but especially Work. So far every morning I have been the first one in the parking lot. When Gerry the Supervisor showed up I gave him the form from the Employees Handbook verifying that I had read it.

Today was the first time that I spent the majority of the day welding on the Project itself rather then on the Jig but there just seemed to be a few things that I had to figure out for myself. This is the First Time that I have ever worked on any kind of Project anywhere that did not have at least a Sketch in order to make the assembly easier. There were a few adjustments that had to be made but it was coming along.

After finishing last night’s Leftover Chicken Parmesan for lunch I called Kathy to be sure she was okay. It seems my early hours have begun to wear off on her as well because she was up before 7:00. She’d made the necessary phone calls she had to do as well as working on more of her Spreadsheet Entries.
When it was time for me to head for Home the short walk in the blazing Sun seemed to drain whatever energy was left out of my body. Inside I needed to relax before doing anything else. Checking The Weather Network it showed not only why it felt so Hot but the Radar showed a huge storm heading our way.
I delayed my shower and while Kathy made a wonderful Garden Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing I began grilling some Boneless Pork Chops. Kathy had planned on doing them in the Frying Pan but they just don’t have the same delicious taste. We’d finished eating the Salad before the meat was ready.
While Kathy did up the dishes I covered up our Weber Q. I’d barely gotten in the Shower when the Rain started coming down in earnest.

In answer to some Comments about our going away this Winter we have every intention of doing so unless something else comes up to change that. The reason for the Job was the Unexpected Expensive Truck Repairs that really drained our Savings. We want to be certain to have some Financial Backing before heading south again in order to avoid any other Crisis. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

Mahatma Gandhi

5 comments:

  1. Glad every thing is working out for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure life is different for Kathy with you gone all day..I know it would be for me if Ken was working! The other day he went over the hill and I missed him then, can't imagine every day. At least you have the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart idea. At least you won't be worrying about having cash if and when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people just HATE to be late, especially to work. We lived 3 miles from the Prison. Len started work at 7. He left the house each day ten minutes before 6. He said that gave him time to get the coffee ready for his inmate crew plus time to relax. After you working such as you do, that heat will really put a drain on you. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was working, I was always time crazy, but I think that is a good thing:))

    ReplyDelete