It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Working Together To Refine A Document, Record Heat, “Touched With Fire” Internet Power Is Down.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After dealing with our Sleepover and the Separate Appointments over the last couple of days we were both extremely tired by the time we went to bed so we practically fell asleep instantly. Around 1:30 I woke up to simply stare at the ceiling. It didn’t matter which way I lay I couldn’t go back to sleep.
Finally around 3:00 I headed for the Computer where the first thing I did was to take an Extra Strength Tylenol to try to relax and secondly I checked The Weather Network. I was surprised to see such a high Humidex at that early hour of the day. When you hear the AC running through the night you often wonder why. When I cracked open the door to verify just how Hot it was outside it was like a Blast Furnace hitting me in the face and I know what that feels like from working in the Casting Plants. (Note to self: Believe The Weather Network.) I won’t be doing that again.

I could barely keep my eyes open by 4:30 and after going back to bed the next thing I knew it was 8:00 in the morning. I’d have everything ready for breakfast for when Kathy came downstairs besides catching up on a lot of On-Line reading.
We worked together through most of the day trying to compose an important document. We even managed to stop for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch before getting back at it. Doing something like that on the Computer is easy but sometimes you have to print it out to see details that were missed.
Since the Meteorologists were quite accurate in their forecast we really didn’t push to do anything outside so to change things up we watched the movie “Touched With Fire” starring Katie Holmes and Luke Kirby. It was about the challenges that people with Bipolar Disorder and their families have in order to fit into society. It was a little confusing to start but then everything fell in place. We gave it a Seven out of Ten.
For supper I grilled up a strip of precooked Spare Ribs for us to share while Kathy microwaved a couple ears of Corn as our side. You could cut the meat off the bones with a Fork and the Corn always tastes so fresh when cooked like that.
After the dishes were all cleaned up I went outside to cover up the grill before checking the Computer again. When I saw the blog Seasons in the Valley’s title for tonight I immediately read it before checking the Radar. It looked like the Furry Gnome was going to get slammed by a Severe Thunderstorm that was going to completely miss us. When the Sky started getting dark at 6:30 I took another look at the Radar. Things had really changed in just an Hour and the storm was barrelling down on us. We lost Power a couple of times during the Storm because everyone in the Park is running their ACs. The second time we lost power we were also getting Nickle Sized Hail that ended as fast as it started.

It was at that time we lost our Internet from Cable 1. We reset our Computers, I reset the Modem and Router several times with no luck. After an Hour with no Internet I called our Provider. He explained how they have Three Repeaters set up in the Park and the Power Line they are connected to is down. That also means there are a lot of Park Model Trailers with no AC. The Power Company will be working to get it back up and running ASAP.

I’ve been on the Computer for nearly an Hour and our Internet has just returned. That means all those Park Model Trailers had no AC throughout the night. Temperatures are supposed to cool down for a while. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

At least one leg of your sofa is a piece of firewood.

4 comments:

  1. I can deal with the heat as long as my AC is running. Mine has kicked off a couple of times, but luckily has come right back on. It's crazy to be that hot and raining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a hot day and night. We are about to have heat for the third time since April 1st. Certainly not the typical hot summers we usually get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you did not lose your power during the hot night. I feel for the people that did not have use of the A/C with those scorching temperatures. Glad your internet is back up and operational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that thunderstorm missed us unless it was a reslly quiet one overnight.

    ReplyDelete