It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Good News On Personal Vehicles, Kathy’s Sees Our Doctor and Another Scorcher.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

We are hoping that all our American Readers and Friends were able to Enjoy their nation’s Independence Day Celebration today.

I was surprised how down I was feeling from working out in the Sun yesterday. When I made it to bed it didn’t take long before I fell to sleep but it didn’t last. There was so much pain in my shoulders from all the hard scrubbing that I had done it was impossible to stay asleep. Finally after taking an Extra Strength Tylenol around 3:30 within minutes my eyes were closed for the rest of the night.

When I take something like that to sleep it does such a good job that I sleep in which is not good when you want to work during the coolest part of the day. It was 8:00 when I finally got out of bed and was surprised to see the bed empty.

Kathy’s Sinus Congestion had gotten so bad through the night that she couldn’t breath through her nose which meant that her CPAP wasn’t doing her any good. She headed to her recliner where the Congestion wasn’t so bad in the reclined position around 3:30. I must have fallen right to sleep as soon as I lay down because I did not hear her get up.

After breakfast we both sat at our Computers drinking our Coffee/Tea. After removing more Spam Comments I found a Legitimate Comment from Peter to yesterday’s Blog that gave me a Link to the Ontario Government’s Proposed Changes to Personal Used Vehicles. That was what Gerry had talked about last night. I copied it for my files just in case. This pertained to having our Truck registered as a Personal Use Vehicle which will mean it will no longer require a Yearly Safety and it should also drop the cost of our Insurance.

The Link only showed the Proposal but Gerry called back before we got out the door. Our Mechanic Jim at Windsor Gas and Diesel verified that it took effect as of the First of July. It will also affect whether or not I need to retain my higher classified Drivers License since I do not drive Commercially.

I felt like I had no energy to go back outside this morning to continue waxing the Trailer. Kathy’s congestion was getting worse instead of better so I called our Family Doctor to see if he could see her today. The Receptionist said they would work her in between other appointments.
The way Kathy was feeling she wanted to see the Doctor as soon as possible and didn’t want to stop for lunch before. We arrived at the Doctor’s Office just after 12:00 and waited until there was a break in appointments. That meant she didn’t see the Doctor until 2:15. He said she has a Sinus Infection that is also causing problems with her hearing so he issued her Two Prescriptions to help her out.
We arrived at the nearby Wendy’s at 2:45 where we ordered Combos for Lupper. (Late Lunch/Early Supper) We also each ordered a Small Chocolate Frosty to help cool us down.
There’s still a lot of Construction on Huron Church Road so after taking the detours we were soon on our way to Amherstburg. The ride was pleasant but Kathy wasn’t enjoying it. It was nearly 4:00 when we arrived at Pharma Choice to get those Two Prescriptions filled. These are both newer medications so the Pharmacist made certain we understood how they would be administered.

We made a quick stop at Dollarama to pick up a few supplies and to get some walking in the Air Conditioned store. This month only has Three Birthdays compared to all the Celebrations we had in June.
No Swimming?
When we got back to the Park even the Canadian Geese were taking advantage of the Shade as a way of cooling down. The fact that they were between the Road and the Water Hazards was not interfering with the Golfers that were still playing their games.
After getting Home it was a relief to get inside out of the Heat. When I turned on The Weather Network it showed that our Humidex (what the temperature actually felt like) was 108 F (42 C). I just couldn’t get back outside to work on the Trailer.
Kathy took her Antibiotic as soon as we got Home and immediately started coughing a lot. It wasn’t until I asked about the Nose Spray that she though to use it. Within minutes she was experiencing drainage and minutes later she was able to breath through her nose. We hope this is the turning point. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever financed a tattoo.

5 comments:

  1. Hope Kathy starts to feel much better by tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your doctor was able to work Kathy in between appointments. I sincerely hope the new meds help her feel better.

    Your heat index temperatures were higher than ours and I live in the West Texas desert. I am glad you did not attempt to finish waxing your RV under those blistering temperatures. The last thing you need is to get sick as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness ... that's hot! Glad Kathy was able to see the Doctor. With that heat, it's probably better you don't finish the waxing. There's always another day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barely getting up to 20C out here, not complaining. That humidity sounds dreadful! Our winter abode in AZ was up to 110F the other day but is down to 104F now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope you are feeling better soon Kathy!

    ReplyDelete