It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Sleepover Explained, Cleaning Up and Overdo Visit.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After posting the Blog very early yesterday it was only minutes later that we had loaded the Car and were on our way to Windsor. We were both just so glad that the Windsor Sleep Disorder Clinic was able to move our Sleepovers ahead by 15 days. What that means is that we will have the results earlier and we will then be able to order our new CPAP Machines earlier as well.

We stopped at Wendy’s where we decided to indulge ourselves by ordering Combos for supper. Since we were eating late and we would not even have a Lite Snack before going to bed we thought it wise to be sated before. Kathy had the Dave’s Single Hamburger Combo while I had the Spicy Chicken Combo and none of that was off the Value Menu.

With nearly Two Hours before our appointments we wanted to get a little walking in so we stopped at the Devonshire Mall. We walked around to the Cinemas to see what was playing but found nothing that interested us for another day. Then we checked out the Showcase which is similar to As Seen On TV in the US. There was one thing that caught our eyes but since we don’t watch TV we weren’t sure. Then we walked around both the Video Stores looking for inexpensive Movies to add to our collection. We found Three that cost less then Twelve Dollars including the Tax.

We arrived at the Sleep Disorder Clinic with a Half Hour to spare and had barely sat in the Waiting Room with our Backpacks, Pillows and a Blanket when they called us in. They have a habit of keeping their rooms so cool I remember One Sleepover where I barely slept because I was shivering so bad. We were not sorry we brought what we did.

Of course we were in separate rooms Kathy in #10 and myself in #6. All the rooms had Queen Sized Beds. We were instructed to get changed into our Pajamas and just relax but the Technician that would be monitoring Kathy had her all wired up before 9:20 because she was her first patient of the night. Once that was done Kathy was allowed to walk around for a bit so she said Good Night to me while I worked on a Cryptogram. She didn’t like all the wires but it’s part of the drill.

My Technician asked what my normal Sleep Time was before adding all the Wires around 10:00. That was the time Kathy’s Tech insisted she go to bed even though she normally stays up an Hour longer. I did a few more Cryptograms before I decide after 11:00 to call it a night.

One thing they try to have you do is to sleep flat on your back because that is the position you will have the most Apneas. Between that and the constant checking your Vital Signs or adjusting the CPAP through the night nobody ever gets very much sleep.

Kathy’s
Technician woke her up at 5:30 and told her she could go Home. After changing and packing up she saw I was still sleeping so she woke me up before my Technician did. When asked she said the Monitor showed I was in the REM mode and figure she would do another patient who was already awake first. I had to wait until she disconnected all the Wires anyway.
What we saw on the way Home.
It was Raining like crazy when we headed to the Car. Since our Hair was a mess from the Gunk they use to hold the Wires in place Kathy didn’t want to stop anywhere for breakfast.
Parked at the 19th Hole Restaurant in the Rain.
We were Home shortly after 6:00 and while I unloaded the Car Kathy made us Toast and Coffee. While she had the First Shower I went out in the Rain to empty our Waste Tanks because we didn’t want to have the Grey Tank flood our Shower. While I showered Kathy leaned back in her Recliner for a prolonged Snap.

As soon as I was dressed again I started changing our Bedding. Since the Pillows that we had bought with us got stained they needed immediate attention. After completing that I also sorted clothes in the Laundry Hamper before heading to the Park Laundry Room. Everything was in the Dryers by the time I headed Home for lunch.
 Kathy had made a Toasted Bacon, Cheese and Tomato Sandwich for us to share along with Chicken Noodle Soup and Watermelon for dessert.

It was close to 3:00 when I returned with everything folded. Since the Humidex was 104 F (40 C) I cooled down before putting things away. Later I took the time to read my E-Mails and Blog Comments. After dealing with yet another Spam Comment about Hacked ATM Cards I was surprised how many seem readers are scared about Sleepovers.

Sleepovers may not be like going to a Spa and you may not get much rest but you are for a reason. They are to see if you have Sleep Apnea which we both have. Having Sleep Apnea means you stop breathing in your sleep and if left untreated your Blood Oxygen Level drops eventually leading to Heart Attack, Stroke or Death. There are Dental Appliances or CPAP Machines that will help you deal with the issue and are better then the other outcome. It’s been nearly Fifteen Years for Kathy and Twelve Years for myself that we were both diagnosed with Sleep Apnea but by using CPAP Machines we live a very full life. We know many that are no longer with us because they were too scared to take that first step or did so too late.

I was busy adding Doctor’s Phone Numbers and Addresses that we’ve been visiting to my Cell Phone with plans to do the same to Kathy’s. After adding a Half Dozen Doctors Information while doing the Laundry on mine I surprise to find they were already on Kathy’s Phone exactly the same as on mine and Kathy didn’t add them. She thought I just didn’t remember doing them so I had her hold on to her Phone while I added Three More to mine. When I checked they were on her Phone. Since we have the same Carrier there’s got to be some connection that I’ll check out tomorrow.

Brad the Technician from Leisure Trailer stopped in at 4:00. After checking our Trailer last Wednesday and consulting with his Supervisor about the issue they came up with a way to fix it. Within Ten Minutes he had completely fixed the issue and it should never return.
Kathy cooked up some Macaroni and Cheese for supper while I started writing the Blog. With a visit planned for this evening I didn’t want to be falling asleep while trying to write it later.
It was shortly after 5:00 when we headed off to Amherstburg for an overdo visit with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. She was required to work Overtime last week so went to see our friends Gerry and Sandy instead. We visited until after 8:00 when I started feeling tired from my lack of sleep.
On our way to Amherstburg.
It wasn’t until we got Home that Kathy noticed we had gotten another Inch of Rain through the night until 10:00 this morning.
Hopefully this Blog clarifies about Sleepovers and helps others that they have nothing to worry about. Having Sleep Apnea is not the end of the world. Most times it is your Sleep Partner that notices you are Not Breathing. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

All humanity is passion; without passion, religion, history, novels, art would be ineffectual.

Honore de Balzac, French Novelist

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing about your experience at the Sleep Disorder Clinic it was very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all do what we have to do for our own healthy living. I like your no-nonsense attitude - no-brainer. CPAP machines or serious issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a sleep test once. They said I was fine. That's because I was awake literally all night, so I never stopped breathing. Normally not breathing wakes me up about every two hours. I'm glad you two have found an answer. There's not much worse than no sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet you're glad that's over with and on to your new machines. That's interesting about your phones and the info on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim hates his Cpap machine but uses it every night because he knows it's a matter of life or death.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your sleepover went ok. I couldn't do the sleep test for obvious reasons, but they did an overnight oxygen test with the clip on my finger. But getting that CPAP machine has made an enormous positive difference in my life. It helped me to understand that CPAP means Continuous Positive Airway Pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! pometalni stroji

    ReplyDelete