It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Catch-Up Post, Mystery Oil, Fun Visit and Back At It.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Sorry for such a quick post last night but we had been out visiting with our good friends Gerry and Sandy and got Home late. We had so much catching up to do because we haven’t seen them since last October. We never stopped talking for the entire Four Hours that we were there. When their dog Star began standing around and yawning before laying down and snoozing in front of us we knew that it was time to say Good Night and we’ll get together again soon.

Wednesday morning as soon as I had the chance I was outside waxing the Roadside of the Trailer that I hadn’t completed yet because it was in the shade. I knew that I had rubbed the finish strictly back and forth but as I would look back at the surface that I had just finished it had Streaks headed in every direction along with dull spots in the finish. I actually started applying another coat of wax in an attempt to remove the Streaks and increase the shine. Like the Curbside I wasn’t making very good progress.
Kathy had made a wonderful Split Pea Soup for our lunch knowing that I needed all the energy I could get. She had also heard that Melissa was working Overtime which she doesn’t get very often so our Weekly Visit was postponed. Since returning to Ontario back in April we’ve been so busy we haven’t been able to visit with everyone so this was perfect timing.

After I went back outside Kathy called our Good Friends Gerry and Sandy and set up a visit for this evening.
This Container fit in the palm of my hand.
Outside I was working to try to clear the messy finish on the Roadside when our friend Larry stopped by. We met him and Nicole the first season at here at Wildwood. He’s often given me pointers on different things about RV Maintenance. When I explained what I was doing and why he simply said that he would be right back. When he returned he gave me the little Container that fit in my Hand and just told me to “Try This” before driving away.

Anyone with a Fifth Wheel or Travel Trailer knows how the lower trim always looks cloudy when you clean it. Our Trailer’s is Brown and all the streaks made it more of a cloudy grey colour. By simply dipping the corner of the Cloth in the Container the colour of the panel return to streaky Brown. Using a second cloth to wipe it off the steaks completely disappeared and the panel began to shine. Even though the Sun was starting to shine on the wall where I was working I tried a small section with the same results as the trim.

With the 104 F (40 C) Humidex I needed a short break. I went inside and told Kathy about this and she was skeptical that this was working so well. After going back outside I started at the front of the Trailer on the Curbside and it started to shine and removed all the dull spots.

Brad the RV Tech from Leisure Trailer showed up to check out the Issue I’m concerned with at the rear of the Trailer. When he saw the finish he said it looked like I was getting it ready for a show.
For supper Kathy made us each a Belgium Waffle with Strawberries and Cool Whip. After eating we were heading out the Door for our visit when Kathy said she couldn’t believe how clean and shiny the Trailer was where I had applied this oil.
We made a quick stop at No-Frills to purchase more of this oil. Another stop was made at Canadian Tire for more Applicators. Lastly we stopped at Dollarama before heading over to Gerry and Sandy’s for a wonderful visit.
We ended up sleeping until 8:00 this morning because I had needed an Extra Strength Tylenol to relieve the pain in my shoulders. I was back outside by 9:30 to once again continue applying the Wax on the shaded side of the Trailer. It was 12:30 when I went in for lunch.
Even though I had been drinking water I was thirsty. Kathy tried make a different type of Split Pea Soup for lunch along with a variety of Fruits and Biscuits for dessert.

Larry stopped by to see how I was doing and was happy to see the finish where I had used the Coconut Oil. No other Oil will do what the Coconut Oil will do to revitalize the finish on the Fiberglass. Larry explained that the Oils in Fiberglass dry up with time causing it to feel rough and to loss its finish. Once the Wax is applied the Coconut Oil smooths it down and adds moisture back into the Fiberglass.
Even though the Humidex only reached 97 F (36 C) I needed a break this afternoon before going outside to grill up some Boneless Pork Chops for supper. Kathy was busy making a Garden Salad and microwaving the last of our Corn on the Cob. We even had an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert.
While Kathy cleaned up the Dishes I headed back outside to try to finish waxing the Trailer. It was past 8:30 when I called it a night and there is still the back wall of the Trailer along with over the Slides that need to be waxed. When that is complete I can oil up the rest of the Trailer.

A warm shower felt wonderful tonight. Tomorrow we have appointments and we have plenty of Century High Temperature Days heading our way. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Thought takes man out of servitude, into freedom.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, American Poet

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the coconut oil this is the first I hear of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut oil is incredible for so many things. Who knew this was another great use for it? Better than having to buy a ton of expensive products from trailer places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the oil .... and I have some!!! I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting about the coconut oil..definitely worth a try! You sure are getting the heat back there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought coconut oil was only good for the skin...
    Your trailer is going to smell yummy on the outside

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is an excellent blog, I have ever seen. I found all the material on this blog utmost unique and well written. And, I have decided to visit it again and again. IT Services Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  7. So did you still use the wax and go over it with the coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coconut oil!!! Most interesting.

    ReplyDelete