It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Imperial Measure.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I often have mentioned in the past, when I start sleeping a number of nights in a row, I would reduce the Nighttime Mickey, that I taken in order to accomplish that. I have also learned that every time I did that, my (our) sleep suffered for it. This time I intend to keep taking this combination until the day of my Hip Surgery. Once the Pain eases away, then I can cut back on those medications.

Lately, I am not out of bed long when Kathy comes out to join me. She wakes up when she senses that my side of the bed is empty. How is that possible you may ask? While she is asleep, she reaches over and taps my side of the bed. She even does it through the night, as I feel it happening. I don’t mind, it just means that she cares.

Besides working on the Computer today, I continued my quest to use up as much of our perishables as possible. We actually cleaned the Freezer and had to sadly toss a few Pre-Covid purchases. When I was working the fresh food was put on top and the old went to waste. I even cleaned a few of the Pantry drawers, bringing forward non-perishable things we can eat out.

As of this writing, there is only enough food in the Fridge for our breakfast tomorrow. We don’t even have a Shopping List, because we need everything. We’ll be walking the aisles and filling our Cart. The one difference will be, we won’t overstock our Freezer.

After the 6 o’clock Local News we headed out to Shoppers Drug Mart to take advantage of the Twenty Percent Seniors Discount that takes place every Thursday. It wasn’t much, but it was toiletries that we needed.

In yesterday’s Blog I spoke about the Metric Conversion. In a Comment, Patsy reminded me that before Canada changed to Metric, our form of measurement was actually the Imperial Measure. Back then US Citizens crossed the International Border to purchase their Gasoline in Canada. The reason was the Imperial Gallon was equal to 1.25 US Gallons, at the same price as the US. With the American Dollar being higher even back then, the trip paid for itself.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.

Marie Curie, Scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment