It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Catching On Quick.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It seems that my personality is starting to rub off on Sorough. I never like to be late for anything, so instead of being late for work, I get there early enough to get my Coveralls and Safety Shoes on, then check what I’ll be working on. For the last Three Mornings Sorough has been showing up to the PTA Twenty Minutes early as well. If Mile sees us start working early and pays us accordingly.

They say Two Heads are better than One. Earlier this week while running the Plasma Transfer Arc we were discussing ideas of why it was still not working properly after Bob the Technician from Kennametal had changed some settings. We started changing one thing at a time to see if that could make a difference. By changing one thing the Torch was suddenly following the course we wanted. This morning we finished a Unit in less than Three Hours.

As that was happening Paul the Controller said he needed my expertise. At the Inspection Table were Two Rebuild Feedscrews that have to be out by the middle of the month. I had to do some minor repairs before sending them to the PTA. The first was loaded but won’t be started until the morning.

After showing Mile and I more Rebuilds, along with Eight New Units, Paul suggested having Sorough make the repairs while I ran the PTA. Sorough does not have the experience, but really wants to learn, so I asked Mile to let me use those Rebuilds as a teaching tool. He said “Okay”.

When Sorough heard the news he was “Stoked” (his word). After a very brief demonstration he caught on quick. Now with more practice (time) he will be very good.

I surprised Kathy by walking in the Apartment shortly after 4:00. Unfortunately, after sitting down and talking for only a few minutes I found myself waking from a Snap.

We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Spinach Pizza for supper.

After having to scrape the Frost off the Windshield this morning, the 6 o’clock Local News showed we could actually see Warmer Seasonal Temperatures for the weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why didn’t the Sun go to college?


Because it already had a million degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment