It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 24, 2023

More, Caught In A Pinch and Covid Tested.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was kind of funny that today would be nearly a Mirror Image of yesterday, except for a few Hick-Ups.

Sorough had to move a number of Feedscrews around before actually getting the Twin to yesterday’s Unit loaded in the PTA. Then he was faced with a similar delima that I faced over year ago, the Torch would not relight. When I told him to shut the entire system down, before restarting it, he thought that I was kidding, but it worked.

I had to build the edges on another Screw, but when I paused to reposition myself, Mile said “More”. Even though I showed him the weld was hooked over the Top and Side of the Flight, he said “More”. Adding metal with a TIG Welder is one drop of metal at a time. After doing exactly what he wanted, he returned to later say “Too Much”. He just did not understand, that the two had no happy medium.

I expressed my frustration to Kathy during lunch.

As I prepared to complete the touch-up, Kalene came by. He often sheds light on difficult times in the Plant. After explaining what I still had to do, I grabbed the Feedscrew to rotate it. Little did I know that Kalene who was standing behind me, had also went to turn it in the opposite direction. Hearing a Shrill Scream from behind had me turning around. I quickly reversed the Unit’s rotation, thus freeing his hand. The Flights had pulled his Fingers, between the Screw and the Rollers it was sitting on. There was no Blood, or Open Wounds, just a handful of sore Fingers that had been exposed to Five Hundred Pounds of pressure. Cold Water gave a bit of relief. Kalene also said he’ll be keeping his hands off the Screws that I am working on, from now on. He’ll feel the Throbbing, when he tries to sleep tonight.

Since Sorough had a late start on today’s Rebuild, I was giving him a hand putting it in the Sandbox. He then mentions to me all his friends have recently tested Positive for Coronavirus. If you recall it was Sorough coming to work Sick last week that caused me to get “WHATEVER THIS IS”.

When I got home Kathy was sitting at her Computer, coughing and sneezing, just like I have for the last Week. I immediately tested myself for Covid. The Ten-Minute wait for the results took forever but came back Negative.
I used the
Leftover Stir Fry to make a Veggie Omelette for our supper.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You have to go through the darkness before you get to the light.

Haruki Murakami, Japanese novelist and short-story writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment