It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 20, 2023

Change Of Pace.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was ready to start touching up a Feedscrew this morning, but was told by Mile that Pat was being brought in to do it. (I guess he was upset that I didn’t show up on Saturday, but I wasn’t asked to.) Instead he told me to clean up around the PTA and for Sorough to clean Plastic Residue off a Rebuild Screw, that we’ll have to weld.

After showing Sorough what was expected, I spent the next Two Hours dusting and lubricating the mechanisms of the Carriage Rail. I even organized a couple of drawers in the Desk before giving Sorough a hand. A number of times Mile walked by but never said a word, because the shiny base material of the Unit was starting to be greater than the caked-on Plastic. (When these Feedscrews are stopped, without purging the Barrel, the Plastic often solidifies around it. A Hammer and Chisel are the only way to clean it off.

I was able to talk with Kathy at lunch time while she was walking around Walmart. It was looking like I might actually at the end of the shift.

We were barely back to cleaning the Rebuild when Abby needed touch-ups on a couple of Units. I was told they will be heading to Toronto for chroming this week. That means Mile will be at wits end, overseeing their preparation and gripping at everyone.

I checked for Mail at Guardian Storage, before heading over to Walmart. With only Five Weeks before I again retire, the zipper on my Insulated Lunchbag gave out. I was able to find a smaller one that will be perfect for the time it’s needed.

We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Pizza for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed we could be seeing some Flurries before the end of the week, with Colder temperatures.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You can be the lead in your own life.

Kerry Washington, Actress, Producer, and Director.

3 comments:

  1. Just being nosey here, does it look like travel is going to be anytime soon or is the medical going to be holding you back. My medical and mechanical troubles look like I will actually get to roll again next Sunday after 18 months of limited/no travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should be asked, expected, or volunteer to work overtime or Saturdays. You have turned in your resignation (with extremely long notice) - and should not be "punished" for doing so. They need to learn how to get along without you. You should clock out alongside the other employees & use the time to heal & recover every night & all weekend. You also need to learn how to "let go" & leave the job behind. All your readers are counting down the days also.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever get your tires? There is some good deals on black Friday 🛒.
    Stay warm and safe

    ReplyDelete