It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 27, 2023

Nagging and White Stuff.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was again Monday morning, and even though I knew what was expected of me, I did not feel like going to work. After going through my daily preparation routine, the moment I left the building, the fact that I can no longer withstand Cold Temperatures became apparent. By presetting the Defrost on the Truck and remotely starting it from inside our Apartment, there was far less Frost to scrape off the Windshield.

While the big CNC Mill was out of commission everyone was put on the same shift. For a Machine more than Thirty Years Old, we laughed that the only place to find the replacement part was on E-Bay. Now that it is up and running the second shift would be necessary to run it around the clock as a way to catch up.

Many of the employees were doing jobs they had only seen performed by others who no longer work here. When Mike overcut the Centering Nose on a Feedscrew slated to be shipped today, I was called into action. Sorough offered to do it but Mile responded he needed it finished today. Mile kept nagging Mike as he tried to grind, resulting in Two more repairs, that required adding lost materials. I finally stood by Mike telling him to focus on me, while my voice drowned out Mile. That time, the job was perfect. With Mile knowing that I am leaving, he’s not going to have me leave earlier.

When I left at the end of the shift, I needed to clean the White Stuff off the Windshield. I stopped at Princess Auto to pick up Wiring Grommets that were “On Sale”. Each Sale lasts Two Weeks and I wasn’t feeling like shopping last week. After walking through the Section Three Times, I was told they were sold-out last week.

After all that waddling around the store my Hip/Leg started screaming at me. Kathy stayed home today after seeing what was going on outside. Instead of Homemade Stir-Fry we shared Store-Bought Thin-Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed that we could be seeing near normal temperatures in the next couple of weeks.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why did the bird go to the doctor?


To get a tweetment!

1 comment:

  1. I presume the closer you get to your last day of employment, the more you are looking forward to it. Mile will be missing you for sure.

    ReplyDelete