It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Sparks Flying and Not From Welding.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Last night I got to bed early in an attempt to have more evening time with Kathy today. The idea was to get up an Hour early so I would have that at the end of the day, but something happened. Somehow the traffic was lighter at that time of morning and the Traffic Signals gave me all a Green Light. I started working by 5:27. After getting the Burners going, the Powder in the Bin and the Torch serviced, I started the welding process on the Rebuild Feedscrew, before most of the shift arrived.

Sorough was surprised, but when I said I planned on leaving earlier understood. It would take Two Hours per pass to slowly add material back to the worn Unit. Lately we have been using Argon Cylinders because the Company that supplies the Argon Tanks is in Woodstock, and had not refilled our Tank yet. We went through Three Argon Cylinders today on the one job.

Just after 11:00 Mile had me checking a recently finished Screw, that the Hard-Surfacing Material was breaking off. Mile wanted me to stop the job I was doing, so that when he could have me weld this one. On my way back to the PTA I ran into Paul who had me doing the one already in the Plasma Transfer Arc. When I told him what Mile wanted. There were sparks flying while the two argued it out, but with less than Two Hours to complete one job and at least Two Hours before I got the other, we simply kept working. I was only slightly late in leaving and Mile’s job was far from ready.

After stopping at the Bank, I also stopped at Wendy’s to pick up some Chicken Wraps for our supper.

Kathy was happy to see me, as always and we talked throughout our meal. We are looking forward to enjoying our weekend together.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your house has a kickstand.

1 comment:

  1. Things are sure changing here at LaPosa they tore up the black top graded the roads and then the hot tard them no more lumpy bumpy roads. Just a race track for few. Weather is great seating outside watching the sun come up.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete