It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Safety First and Running It On His Own.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I had a talk with Mile this morning about Vinnie the Engineer. It wasn’t the first time that he has done something Unsafe, but it wasn’t him that got hurt. Since I had Sorough handling the Twenty-Five Foot Hot Feedscrew for a first time and he was being very cautious as most are. With the load already Three/Quarter ways out, Vinnie was told to go around the Mill to be safe. Instead he simply ducked under the Four Thousand Pound Unit while it was in motion. Instead of simple taking his fingers off the buttons, Sorough hit the reverse button. I barely had a chance to raise my arm, as the Hot Screw swung at us. Mile is very Safety Conscious and was not happy that I had gotten another Burn for my career collection. He also had a talk with Vinnie.

We managed to finish the Twenty-Five Foot Feedscrew just after first break. This time I handled it and when Vinnie saw it being moved walked around the Mill. After it was buried we immediately we placed a New Unit into the PTA, measured and marked it before starting the Burners before lunch.

It was at that point Mile had me doing Touch-Ups on a couple of Units heading to be chromed in Toronto, tomorrow. When Sorough came around thinking he would just watch me work, he had a surprise. I asked him if he could run the PTA. When he answered “Yes”, I asked why he wasn’t welding the Feedscrew in the machine. Told that was what he should be doing, he went off and started doing what he had been trained to do.

It was nearly 3:00 before all the Touch-Ups were completed and I returned to the PTA. Sorough had done an impressive job, but had a Doctor’s Appointment after the shift. Since it was nearly finished I stayed later so I could add the Second Unit into the Sandbox for the night.

I’m so looking forward to that Final Day and so is Kathy. We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Vegetarian Pizza while watching the 6 o’clock Local News. They were forecasting Flurries for tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy.

Marie Curie, Scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment