It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 30, 2023

Changes and Big Blue Cloud.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Before leaving the Plant on Friday, we had already mounted the Rebuild Feedscrew we were supposed to work on today in the PTA. That should have been a sign because as soon as I saw Mile this morning, he had news on the Rebuild, that meant we would be working on the Eight Inch Diameter, Twenty-Five Foot Unit.

Sorough just could not understand why they would do that, but it happens. I had him using the Crane to pull the Twelve Foot Screw from the Plasma Transfer Arc, but since he had never handled a large Unit before I moved it in. I remember being overly cautious before and a little nervous but that all faded away with time.

After making the necessary markings and measurements we soon had the Burners going to warm the Unit. After reviewing all the data of the Feedscrews I have welded, there were no other Eight Inch Units. We used data from Six Inch and Ten Inch Screws and guesstimate the speeds needed, before doing the Test Run using my Pencil Trick. There was only a slight adjustment made before the real welding started.

The first stop was to make a Powder Feed Adjustment, then it ran perfectly for an Hour before the Orifice plugged. It became a pattern that we had to follow, practically every hour. Mile said the weld was too wide, .005 more than needed, but when I showed him what would happen if we changed the setting, he simply left us alone.

Sorough and I took turns monitoring the process, so that gave me a chance to talk with Kathy after lunch.

We also successfully completed the First Zone by 3:00. Since the Second Zone still needed to be heated before welding we buried it in the Sandbox for the night, but there was a twist, I had Sorough handle the Crane. This was his first time handling a Large Hot Screw. He did great but was visibly shaking after doing so.

I managed to leave at 3:30 and drove Vic to catch the bus. I really thought I would surprise Kathy by getting home early. That was until the Truck went into Regen and started leaving everyone behind me in a Big Blue Cloud. I had to go on the Expressway, so the Diesel Particulate Filter could clean itself and stop smoking. On my return I exited onto Jefferson only to be in traffic edging their way around a vehicle stalled in the middle of the road. I made it home for 5:00.

For supper we had the Leftover Lemon Chicken and Fried Rice from last night. We were still feeling stuffed when we left the table.

On the 6 o’clock Local News, they forecasted below normal temperatures this week and some White Stuff heading our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s it called when you drop a nacho on mayonnaise?


Sinko de mayo!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are training Sorough well and a departure for you from work is planned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to you and Kathy from Tom and I!

    ReplyDelete