It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 16, 2023

Not Cooperating.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even before I left work last Friday, Vinnie the Engineer had specified the Feedscrew that he needed welded. I was an Easy Design that I have done many times. This gave me a chance to teach Surough more of the do’s and don’ts of welding with the PTA. I even showed him how to interpret what the Blueprints and Job Travellers meant. All that information was very important when it came to filling in the PTA Spreadsheet that would control the Torch.

After a quick calculation I determined the Flights could be completely welded within Three Hours then another Two Hours for the Mixer. We made certain we were using fresh powder and everything had been homed, but when the “Begin to Weld” button was pressed, the PTA showed us it was not wanting to cooperate.

Vic the Inspector (holds a Masters in Mechanical Engineering) came over to try to help. We rebooted the Entire System multiple times, replaced the Electrode six times, continually had to unplug the Orifice and constantly center the wandering Torch, along with adjusting the Powder Flow. One moment there was too much Powder, then minutes later there wasn’t enough. It worked out that we had to restart the weld every rotation and there were Thirty rotations, which added Five Minutes each time.

This was one of those jobs that needed to be finished before we left. The Five Hour job was only half finished when most of the day shift left at 3:30. Since I’ll be leaving early this week I continued working.

After a few more Reboots, and some fancy twisting and turning the Knobs, the Torch suddenly started going where it was supposed to. When it takes Ten Minutes per rotation you can’t wait to finish. The Screw looked like it had been beaten up except the Last Zone that was perfect.

The Mixers always go smoothly, but then move so slowly you have move about to stay awake. A Nine Inch Mixer Flight takes Fifteen Minutes each and there were Five of them. It was 7:18 when I finally punched out.

Kathy knew I was going to be late, but I still called to say I was on my way. We enjoyed Roast Beef Sandwiches from Arby’s for supper. The best part of being home was being together.

Though my Hip/Leg bothered me all day, Tylenol, my Braces and Cane helped me get through the Long Shift.

I won’t be doing that again anytime soon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

When can you be sure a snail is lying to you?


When it says it’s not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment