It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, October 13, 2023

Pump Replacement and Hyaluronic Acid Injection.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I actually had a decent night’s Sleep last night. It reminded me of when you schedule a mechanic to fix your car because of a problem and everything is working fine the day of the appointment.

As soon as I had changed into my Coveralls at work, I immediately started taking the TIG Cooling Unit apart. By the time Mile made it out to the shop floor, I handed him the Seized Pump and Broken Coupler. When a Pump stops rotating the Coupler acts as a Shear Pin, so the Electric Motor does not burn out.

He headed off to the local Welding Supply Company, while with the help of Sorough, I continued cleaning the housing and replacing the coolant inside the tank. I was hoping that Mile would return with the needed parts, so that I could reassemble the Cooler before leaving.

Even though I had given him the Model and Serial Number, Mile returned saying they needed the Welding Machine Serial Number. I told him that was BS because all the different cooling units could be interchanged with a variety of machines because of Standard Hoses.

Because of that delay I mentioned the Cooler would not be assembled before I left. After reminding Mile repeatedly this week that I was having my Medical Procedure today he seemed startled that I was leaving early.

I walked into our Apartment by 10:40, after delays from Road Construction. Kathy and I had a chance to sit a talk before I took a shower. I even had a chance to check a few things On-Line before we left.

We were out the door around 12:00 and Kathy found it cool. Our plan was to grab a quick bite not too far from the Hospital, so we used a Coupon at Burger King. We didn’t arrive there until 12:30 so most of the lunchtime rush was over. We took our time and did not leave until after 1:00.

We had to wait for a parking spot in the Hospital Parking Lot because it was packed. The stubborn Ticket Machine finally worked when I gave it an open handed smack. In the process it gave us more time on the Ticket.

Inside the Hotel Dieu Hospital, the Diagnostic Imagining was just off the main Lobby. Since my Ultra Sound was scheduled a few others were called in ahead of me. Everyone had an Attending Nurse that set them up, attend the Procedure, then filled in the Report after the procedure was over. A Doctor was going from one room to the other administering the Injections that people in our Age group seem to be becoming more in need of. The First Injection froze the area, then the second was the Hyaluronic Acid that had to be put directly in the Joint, so they used the Ultra Sound as a way of being precise. Fifteen Minutes after being called in, I was walking out, with my changing clothes taking most of that time.

I was able to walk out though I was surprised that there was still a fair amount of Pain in my Leg. The Injection had been put directly in the Hip so there was no Pain there. On my way out, my Attending Nurse mentioned it could take up to a Week to get the full benefit of the Medication. She also mentioned that her father after having it done Three Times, because as I have mentioned before it does not last, is looking at another procedure that can be done, but it is even more costly. $$$$$$. That is suppose to last for Life. I’ll be researching it before I write about it.

Kathy thought I would simply drive home but I did not feel up to it. Inside the Apartment due to a combination of starting my day early and the Procedure I slept for an Hour in my Recliner. After the 6 o’clock Local News, we shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Chicken Pizza for supper.

Hopefully the Leg Pain will diminish with each passing day. I’ll know more in the morning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your local ambulance has a trailer hitch.

3 comments:

  1. I sure hope you will be pain free soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hoping this shot is going to give you relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the 'jell' injections will bring you the relief you deserve!

    ReplyDelete