It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2023

What A Difference and Platelet-Rich Plasma.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I have never been superstitious about Friday the 13th, and after yesterday considerate to be lucky. Most of the discomfort I experienced seemed Muscular and my Knee that had been moving totally different for the last Year.

I took a single Tylenol before going to bed and slept Pain-Free the entire night. Being so tired I didn’t even feel Kathy getting up this morning. She just left me sleep, thinking I needed to recover.

Very wet outside, The Car and Truck facing the other.

The weather is truly Fall-Like outside bringing the Cold Northeast Winds and Rain the entire day. We chose to stay in. Strangely I had to wear my Leg Wrap/Brace to calm the Reflective Pain in my Leg, but I never used my Cane once.

As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog I would do more research before writing about the Treatment the Nurse said her father was going for. After checking multiple sites, some even listing Prices. There are multiple uses for this treatment but I focused more for the relief of Joint Pain. This was taken from the John Hopkins site about PRP.

Split Pea Soup and Pineapple topped Yogurt.

To create Platelet-Rich Plasma, clinicians take a blood sample from the patient and place it into a device called a centrifuge that rapidly spins the sample, separating out the other components of the blood from the platelets and concentrating them within the plasma.

After creating platelet-rich plasma from a patient’s blood sample, that solution is injected into the target area, such as an injured knee or a tendon. In some cases, the clinician may use ultrasound to guide the injection. The idea is to increase the concentration of specific bioproteins or hormones, called growth factors, in a specific area to accelerate the healing process.

Early studies indicate that PRP injections may help treat osteoarthritis pain and stiffness by modulating the joint environment and reducing inflammation, but research is growing.


I visited other sites as well but the one thing they all seemed to say the procedure is not permanent and might need to be repeated after 6 to 9 Months. It all depends on how this Hyaluronic Acid Injection goes, if it needs to be repeated before anything else can be done, I may do it again, mainly because of the lower Out-of Pocket Cost. We’ll see how we feel after a week like the Nurse suggested.

We’ll have more to write about tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Know You're Over The Hill When Your social security number only has three digits.

1 comment:

  1. My cousin in the UK had the plasma injection 2 yrs ago in one knee. He's about 50 and a gardener. He did this privately, not thru National Health. He knew it would be a temporary fix, but it was a good way to delay knee replacement. So far it's working great! I have no idea what it cost, but UK costs are much different than in the US. For example I had both knees replaced in 2019 thru Medicare; didn't cost me anything but I saw the running total was over $200,000. Yet my aunt had one knee replaced in the UK and went private; $15,000 in 2018.

    ReplyDelete