Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to enlarge.
After such a trying day yesterday, I spent nearly the entire night in Bed with Kathy other than the time it took to write the Blog. The only thing that woke me up, was when she rolled herself in the Bedding, leaving me exposed to the very Cold Air Conditioned room.
With an appointment on the calendar for early this morning, I did not want to wake up late, so I set the alarm. As something that typically happens, I rolled over to face the Clock with Six Minutes before it was set to go off. The moment I kissed her forehead Kathy’s eyes flew open nearly in fear, but the moment I mentioned getting ready to go out with our granddaughter, there was a smile on her face that would light up the room.
The alarm was used to give us time to dress and take our morning medications. We were just checking The Weather Network when Kylla called to say she was on her way. (We can look out our Balcony Door and see the top of the building she lives in.) We sat on the bench just outside the front entrance to wait for her but after Ten Minutes, we starting to get concerned. She went to the wrong apartment building which is not hard since there are Ten along that stretch of Riverside Drive. Kathy’s face lit up the moment she parked in front of us and within a minute they were on their way.
Kylla and Kathy developed a very special bond shortly after Kathy’s husband Harry died of Cancer, and continued to grow after we were married. This was also Kylla’s Birthday, making the day even more special. It was not that I was forgotten but rather given time off, away from the stress that I have been dealing with.
Back upstairs, I just finished eating a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich for breakfast when our daughter Karen called.
I
was not raised this way, as many of my generation would say the same,
but I need help and Karen was offering that. Much of this was my
fault by trying to handle it the old fashion way thinking that as
long as I was there to guide Kathy along it
would be okay. Now we’re falling off a cliff and it is not Okay.
As Karen said,”Kathy is my wife but she is their Mother,
who raised and nursed them, now it’s time to pay her back. It was
hard to talk because I was shaking out of control so I needed to
relax and said good-bye.
I barely sat down when the Doctor’s Office called saying there cancellation, just come in ASAP. I started to panic again because the girl’s were not back yet, then I heard Kathy’s keys in the door. Karen had offered to attend this appointment at noon but could not attend this sudden change. She gave me some pointers so the Doctor would recognize the depth of the illness.
We were on our way in minutes and the entire trip across town Kathy told me of her time with Kylla. The only problem was in less then an Hour the story had changed Twice, but that did not matter because she was so proud of Kylla.
We barely sat down when Lisa brought us to the Examination Room. We waited all of Ten Minutes, while I listened to Kathy’s adventure again, before George came in. He started as if this was any other visit, reviewing Blood Tests and wrote down dates of my upcoming tests and surgery. Though I hinted at Kathy’s “visitors", he ignored that and asked questions that had me wondering about his creditably. He gave us both prescriptions before saying good-bye. Kathy was already out the door when he let me know what her pills actually were. Her pills were marked as “Trial” and mine “As Needed”.
Both our breakfasts seem to have worn off, so we stopped Wendy’s for Chicken Nuggets for lunch.
Kathy needed Knee X-Rays but the main branch of Clear Imaging had a Two Hour wait, so we headed to the last location we had gone to before. We were in and almost out, in an Hour because it seems Kathy had a hidden Motion Sickness problem with the moving Table. You know there is a problem when the technician escorts the patient to the Waiting Room.
We ran into another Construction Detour on our way to the Pharmacy, Kathy started feeling sick after all the gyration she had just gone through, so we stopped at McDonald’s to have Fish Fillets and Sundaes. She must have been hungry, because she walked out feeling much better.
We dropped off the prescriptions at the Pharmacy before heading to Guardian Storage to pick up our Mail. Two unexpected things happened, I looked at the Gas Gauge and saw that Kathy must have had a long ride yesterday, and the Ontario Government sent me a bonus cheque. That meant going to the Pioneer gas station and the Credit Union.
Back at Health First Pharmacy the Pharmacist himself brought out the pills to explain the medications before we finally headed for home.
Kathy was not looking to chipper and asked to be dropped at the front entrance while I parked the Car. Our “6 o’clock Local News” had a special presentation on tonight and as it neared its completion, Kathy mentioned being hungry again. We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Pizza for a late supper.
We watched a few episodes of “Law and Order, Special Victims Unit” before Kathy took her first pill for Restless Leg Syndrome (Wink). I can only pray that this works.
We’ll see what tomorrow brings.
Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.
Be Safe and Enjoy!
It’s about time.
Krackers
Words of Inspiration
The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.
Michelle Obama, Attorney and Author who served as the First Lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017
No comments:
Post a Comment