It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Freedom Mobile.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After having a decent night’s sleep last night, I watched the Clock before getting up at 7:15 this morning. There was nothing to rush around with today, so we repeated almost our entire morning routine as yesterday.

We had overnight temperatures at the Freezing Mark, but with the Northerly Winds it felt much colder. Because of that, I let Kathy wake on her own while I worked on my Computer. We snacked our breakfast but had our Tea at our desks. When I emerged from getting dressed, Kathy had served us each a slice of Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie for our lunch. At least this would give us the energy to start running our errands.

Our first stop was Staples where the simply scanned my phone and put a label on the Pants we returned.

Our next stop was Guardian Storage where we collected our Mail along with my Amazon Battery Jump Starter.

Not knowing what the next few days would hold, we went to Princess Auto. I’d made a list of the Items I wanted to see if I needed, but because we only received the Catalogue a week into the Sale, many were sold out. I also purchased a couple of new Plastic Tarps to protect the Trailer Tires with, as the others had deteriorated because of the Sun.

We then headed to the Tecumseh Mall. The first place we went was to Subway where on Television it advertised Footlong Subs for $6.00. That deal is US only, but we still shared a Toasted Meatball Sub. We sat and people watched until we realized it was already past 2:00.

We then headed over to Freedom Mobile. A while back, I mentioned that we were looking into a better phone plan that what Bell was offering. I had basically decided on Freedom Mobile, but when I was reading Travels with Kevin and Ruth the other day, I was convince I was making the choice. Kevin and Ruth are world travelers and Kevin always looks at ways to save money. He also chose Freedom Mobile for the same reasons I did. We can travel North America and not pay any Roaming Fees. Since we have never used Data before we took the Fifty Gig of Data for Thirty-Five Dollars. This will give us time to learn and physically heal. A Hundred Gig of Data was only Sixty-Two Dollars including Tax, which we might switch to when we are back on the road.

In order to release our accounts, I had to stand in line at the Bell outlet for over a Half Hour, just to get our Account Number. Our Phones are now running under the Freedom Mobile flag.

Still in the Mall we stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart to take advantage of Seniors Discount Day on supplies we both needed.

When we left there, we headed straight back to our Apartment. The walking does not bother me, but simply standing in one spot drains my energy levels.

I had a chance to read everything about my AVAPOW 6000A Car Jump Starter and Power Bank. Many of the units I read about would start cars and lite trucks, but this is strong enough to start an 11 Litre Diesel Engine. The only thing that I’m surprised about is to recharge this unit, it has to be connected to a 12 Volt power source (Battery).

I was tired enough that there were hundreds of HHHHs covering a document I was working on.

It was after the 6 o’clock Local News that we shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Hawaiian Pizza for supper. We could see warmer temperatures for the next week.

We have a busy day tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

An escalator never breaks, it only becomes stairs.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you are doing SO great Rick. I hope we see you guys hit the road soon to places warmer. Take care! Hi to Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete