It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 21, 2024

Truck’s Gone and Trouble Standing.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After having a wonderful night’s sleep, it felt nice just laying in bed holding one another’s hands. We then copied the feeling as we enjoyed breakfast. Thinking there was nothing pressing to do today soon changed as soon as we sat at our Computers.

That was when I remembered leaving the message at Windsor Gas and Diesel that I would be bringing the Truck in for Maintenance and Repairs today. We took the time to finish our Teas, before gathering everything we thought that we’d need. Since it was cool outside and I didn’t want to dirty my Casual Pants, I wore a pair of my Coveralls.

After trying unsuccessfully to boost one of the Truck Batteries with the AVAPOW 600A Car Jump Starter, I tried doing the same thing to the Other Battery. They were both deader than a doornails. I reconnected the Jump Starter on the Primary Battery and used the Jumper Cables to connect the Car to the Secondary Battery. It scared Kathy when the Truck started on the first turn of the engine.

Kathy followed me to Windsor Gas and Diesel. Jim remembered how much Pain I was in with before my surgery. I gave him a list of things to do, along with “When you have time”. This way Jim will work it in between other jobs and not have to rush.

I also had to stop at Fountain Tire just around the corner. I explained what I needed and that Jim had the Truck. No Problem they’d check what I needed.

Kathy was hungry so we went to the nearby Popeye’s for lunch. We don’t recall their portions being as big as they were, but we were soon headed to Guardian Storage.

First, we checked for Mail, before adding Supplies that will be used on our Solar Panels to the Storage Unit. We then headed to the Trailer to install the new Plastic Tarps to protect the Tires. In order to connect the Bungee Cords meant having to lay under the Trailer while I hooked everything from the back. Kathy had to reattach them when they would come off instead of holding in place. Luckily, I still had my Coveralls on, but there was no way I could stand up on my own. Kathy had to get my Cane so I could get to my feet. We repeated our struggle on the opposite side and again I needed my Cane to stand.

Back at the Car Kathy had to help get my Coveralls off. Before that was finished, Fountain Tire called saying that Jim had not gotten back to them with the information they needed. We drove back to Windsor Gas and Diesel, where I used my phone to take pictures of the information on the Sidewalls. We then returned to Fountain Tire where they were able to order the exact same tires we needed.

The other day when we switched our cell phones to Freedom Wireless, we received a few calls that we were not able to retrieve from our messages, so we headed back to the Tecumseh Mall. Unlike our old system that we needed to dial our own phone numbers, we now simply have to hold the number One.

By the time we got home I thought I was going to be sick, but I didn’t. Lunch was too much. We had Chicken Noodle Soup for supper, while we were watching the 6 o’clock Local News.

Maybe tomorrow we can relax a bit more. Though the Surgeon doesn’t want me going back to the Gym until the New Year, I’m losing too much Upper Body Strength as well as in my other Leg. I might not be making him happy, but I need to take care of myself.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

What animal is always at a baseball game?


A bat!

No comments:

Post a Comment