It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 1, 2023

Plugged Up

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I slept so well last night, that I was awake before the alarm this morning.

As soon as I walked into the Plant I could see what my job would be for the day. Two Fifteen Foot Stainless Steel Feedscrews had been channelled and were waiting to be welded. What I didn’t like about this job was the Customer wanted the Colmonoy 83 Hard Surfacing on the Flights. The reason I dislike it, is that the 83 Powder has a habit of plugging the Torch Orifice.

Both these Units needed to be welded today, so they could spend the Long Weekend cooling down and be cleaned on Tuesday for chroming on Thursday.

With the first Unit already being welded, Mile was happy to see the nice clean bead that was being laid. With only Ten Inches more to finish the First Zone the chaos started, with one side plugging then the other. The Second Zone was Three Feet of undercuts caused again by the constantly Plugging Orifice. Even though that was only the Second Screw that this Orifice had been used on, I replaced it as soon as this Unit was in the Sandbox and the other Feedscrew was being heated in the Plasma Transfer Arc.

Talking briefly with Kathy I mentioned I’d be late, but hopefully not by much.

When I started welding the Second Feedscrew in the PTA with a brand new Orifice, everything went well for all of Three Inches, before the plugging began. Out of Twelve Feet of weld the Torch did not plug on Five Feet of the First Zone. Everyone but Mile and I left at the end of the regular shift. Surprisingly the Second Zone ran perfectly for half the distance. After unplugging the Orifice Six Times, the last time it plugged there was no way to clean it. With only Ten Inches left to weld but a Half Hour to change the Orifice, even Mile agreed to wait until Tuesday to finish this job.

Kathy was happy to see me, when I finally walked in the Apartment at 5:30. We had Veggie Wraps for supper and are looking forward to enjoying our Long Weekend together.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Teacher (on the phone): “You say Alex has a cold and can’t come in today? To whom am I speaking?”

Voice: “This is my father speaking.”

No comments:

Post a Comment