It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 22, 2023

Out Early.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Thinking that I might be able to finish welding the Smaller Feedscrew today was still first on my list of things to do at the Plant. As I hobbled over to the PTA this morning, to find the Control Pod connected to the Ethernet Cable. There was sudden a glimmer of hope, until I touched the Oscillator Servo Motor and found it still vibrating. Nothing had been accomplished after I left, except activating the system for the night.

There were a couple of Touch-Ups that were quickly taken care of before being assigned to filling the Centering Hole on a Screw in its final stages before delivery. For such a small hole it took Twenty Minutes to complete. After it cooled slightly Enrico only needed Five Minutes to clean it off in the Lathe.

It was nearly 9:00 when Steve and Matt from the Internet Provider arrived. There were all kinds of fancy Gizmos connected, before they claimed to be On-Line. Even with that news the PTA needed a Pin-Number from the Manufacturer, so that it would connect.

I have often said that if I am just going to stand around while suffering from my Hip/Leg Pain, I’d rather go home. The Pain was showing on my face and even Tamara, the boss’s daughter suggested I go home. Minutes after 12:00 I was doing as suggested.

When I walked in the Apartment it startled Kathy because she didn’t know I was coming. I ate my lunch while we talked. The Pain continued to increase until the Tylenol took the edge off. I fell asleep in my chair but felt slightly better when I woke.

After having a shower, we headed out the door. Since her Ablation I keep having to remind Kathy to slow down so that I can catch up.

By the time we recovered our Mail at Guardian Storage we were in the middle of Afternoon Rush-Hour. It took a while before we reached our next destination.

We arrived at Legion 594 just after 4:00 and the parking lot had plenty of spaces available, unlike when I wait to leave after my shift. I’ve been a member for over Twenty-Five Years and have participated in many of the ceremonies in support of our Canadian Veterans. Today we were there to support them in a different way. This was Fish Fry Friday and these people know how to cook up a meal. Because of the Pain Medications I have been using, I had avoided any Alcohol. It was nice just to eat out, and support a worthwhile cause at the same time.

I’m looking forward to the next Two Days off.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Motel 6 turns off the lights when they see you coming.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you find some relief soon and you can keep up to Kathy on your outings.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete