It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Not As Expected.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Before calling it a day on Tuesday, I already had the Feedscrew that I Planned on welding today in the PTA. What I never do is put the Hard-Surfacing Powder in the Bins the night before. The reason is due to our area’s High Humidity that would cause it to clump together.

As forecasted our Humidex was above the Century Mark and with the job I do there is no Air Conditioning. Instead there were Two Burners warming the material up to 800 F (427 C) while I added the Powder. With the Bin Heaters already turned on, there was no thought of any problems.

I was minutes from starting the process, when I felt myself sweating uncontrollably. It was at that moment I looked towards the Shipping Door to see Torrential Rain coming down.

In the Five Minutes it took to line everything up and hit the “Begin to Weld” button, everything changed. The Arc was melting the Base Material but there was no Powder coming down the tube. I tried a few quick fixes with no success. I even tried using the Second Bin with the same results.

After informing Mile of the problem, the Burners were shut down and the Bins disassembled. I had to scoop the Hard-Surfacing Powder out of the Bins using a Plastic Cup and put it back in the Dryer. All that was done while standing on a Six Foot Step-Ladder. I finished just as the lunch buzzer went off.

My Clothes and Coveralls seemed glued together as if I had jumped into a pool with them on. Though I ate, it didn’t stay down. When Mile suggested I try the PTA again, I left for the day.

Kathy was surprised when I walked in the Apartment nearly Two Hours early. I had to strip off my Wet Clothes and take a shower to cool down. Even though they were hung up to dry and the AC was running, those clothes are still damp as of this writing.

Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken on Vegetable Rice for supper.

The Weather Guessers are showing that we will be starting to cool down over the next week.

With no Plans, we’ll see how things work out tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your grandma can bench press a truck axle.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of frustrations in your workload. You do well holding your calm with all those oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with those hot burners on one of Canada's hottest days without airconditioning you came close to having a heat stroke. Take care of your health, all the best!

    ReplyDelete