It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Planned and Cactus Flower.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

We all know what happens when I Plan things, but this wasn’t as bad as it normally is.

I Planned that if I woke early, I’d simply start getting things ready for the Laundry. Instead I tossed and turned until nearly 4:30 then managed to sleep late.

It took some doing but things got sorted. I took a wobble down to the Laundry Room, only to see it packed. The problem is right now there are only Four Washers and Four Dryers for the entire building to use. The new Laundry Room will have double the Machines but it is taking forever for it to be ready.

Back at the Apartment, we fixed the waiting game by having Soup for an early lunch since I did not know when I’d be back.

Downstairs it took about Twenty Minutes before I started with One Washer though the place was still packed. I kept walking to the Apartment for a number of excuses, such as being able to sit for a few minutes. It was nearly 4:30 when I arrived back with the last of the Folded Clothing.

Kathy had been busy dusting and cleaning while I was downstairs.

Since I had also Planned on doing the Pill Doucettes today we shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

I started prepping the Table to do what I needed. When the 6 o’clock Local News was pre-empted by a Comedy, I said some bad words.

Pulling out the Prescriptions and Vitamins, I was surprised to find Two Vitamins nearly empty. How could I have missed that? I checked my Spreadsheet and there it was at the top of the sheet where I had not looked.

Kathy headed off to Shoppers Drug Mart with the empty bottles in hand, while I continued doing what I could. The fact that I was doing Six Weeks worth of pills allowed me to get lots done before Kathy returned with the needed Vitamins.

By the time I finished both, I did not feel like updating my Spreadsheet so I’ll do it in the morning.

Checking the Comments on our Blog, I noticed what Cactus Flower was saying. After checking the brochure I am able to confirm the Injection that I’ll be getting is a Hyaluronic Acid treatment to fight the Osteoarthritis in my Hip. This is something that our bodies make naturally, but as we age there is less produced which allows for the Arthritis to set in, causing all the Pain we experience. If it can hold me over, I’ll be happy.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think a turtleneck is a key ingredient in soup.

4 comments:

  1. Keep on keeping on Rick. Us old guys get a lot of practice at keeping on,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick, surely hope you have excellent results with the surgeons injection. It will be a massive dose of gel going directly into the targeted area. And, even though supplements of hyaluronic acid are available in health food stores (which I take) - they disperse throughout your body. The capsules help but take a few weeks to "kick in" & can never begin to provide the relief which the injection will hopefully provide. Everything is just a temporary tool with no guarantees to get you through till hip transplant time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe going to a public laundromat might speed that process up if you can use all the loads at the same time and they have chairs there for you to rest, but I'm sure you thought of that too. Hope things will look up once you had the injection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hyaluronic Acid treatment is new to me. While waiting for the injection why not try taking the capsules as Cactus Flower does. All it can do is help.

    ReplyDelete