It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, October 7, 2022

Timing.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Once again I woke looking at the Clock with only Three Minutes before the Alarm was set to wake me. That seemed like Good Timing to me.

When I got to the Plant before 6:00 as soon as I checked in with Mile I was able to continue welding the chipped Flight edges on the Feedscrew that I started yesterday. I was finally able to finish it off by 9:45. Considering all the welding it took that seemed like Good Timing to me.

That gave me the chance to see what Alec was working on. As it turned out he was working on a Six Inch Diameter Feedscrew that was only Thirty Feet Long. With it being so close to break I was finally able to ask questions about some of the things that I should have known about the PTA before he was on vacation. Some of the answers defied Logic but the reasoning behind them made perfect sense. It was also nice that nobody was looking for me for another job. That was Good Timing to get answers.

Not long after break everyone else was back on the floor I had to do a quick fix by welding over a Centering Hole so it could be centered again. Someone had made it much larger then they should have which meant it would not properly fit in some machines. I was able to use the Arc Welder so the entire job took less then Ten Minutes before I headed back to the PTA to ask more questions. That was definitely Good Timing.

Looking over to the Inspection Bench where the TIG Welder is located it was strange to see it empty so I continued getting more answers that I badly could have used weeks ago. When the lunch Buzzer went off I watched the PTA while Alec got something to eat from the Catering Truck. That was Good Timing.

When he came back I took my Lunchbag to the Truck. There I could also talk with Kathy before heading back inside. That is always Good Timing.

After checking the other benches I went back to the PTA where I was able to help Alec change out the Orifice on the Plasma Torch. We had it back up and running in less then Ten Minutes. That was Good Timing.

Then it happened. Mile the Owner of the Company waved me over to the OD Grinder. Mile Zigged when he should have Zagged and had a big Oops putting a flat spot on a Round Faced Flight. Since that Feedscrew had just been chromed he needed me to rebuild the Flight using a combination of Filler Rods using the TIG Welder without hitting the Chrome. I punched out at 3:52 but the job was done. On the way out I wished Mile a Happy Thanksgiving and saw him smile. That was Good Timing.

Slightly Windy.

At the Apartment we sat and talked for a few minutes before heading back out the door.

We went to Arby’s where we both enjoyed a Roast Beef Sandwich for supper.

Then we went to Zehr’s grocery store where we witnessed Skyrocketed Prices and some Empty Shelves. We got everything on our Shopping List.

We stopped at Walmart for Kathy and I walked out with a new pair of Workboots that I can use as Winter Boots.

It took Three Trips with our Folding Shopping Cart to get everything up to the Apartment.

With the first expected Frost forecasted for tonight I’m glad I have a long weekend to myself. That is definitely Good News.

Last night no matter what I did Blogger would not allow me to upload any Pictures. Tonight I was able to return to yesterday’s Blog to add a few Pictures.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the mountain climber name his son?


Cliff.

1 comment:

  1. So not ready for frost. Leaves starting to change here.

    ReplyDelete