It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 17, 2022

Changes, Why and Pile Up.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Thinking I’d get an early start on welding a Feedscrew on the PTA this morning came to a screeching halt when we could not get the Compressor running this morning. No matter which switch or breaker we tried nothing would work. Finally admitting the problem to Mile he looked at all the same panels we had tried before walking to the wall on the opposite side of the Plant. There on an Unmarked Electrical Box he pushed on the only button there. Immediately we heard the Compressor spring to life.

Mile also thought it better to work on a different Feedscrew then the Two we had thought we would complete today. Moving the smaller Job out and putting in the larger was not difficult but that One just barely got finished by the end of the shift.

I had just started welding that Feedscrew using the PTA when Alec showed up. He wondered why I had loaded that Job instead of the One he had noted on the desk. Someone had dropped a bunch of Job Files on his desk totally covering his message. Of course it seemed everyone knew he was in so I got pulled over to do repairs using the TIG Welder. It was close to 11:00 before I was able to check how things were going. Alec figured he would be finished by 1:00. I kept asking Why this and that getting more answers that would have been nice to know before he went on vacation. Mile even looked in but realized I was learning so left me alone because everyone else was busy.

When I spoke to Kathy while on my lunch break I mentioned the Pain my Denture was causing. She recommended going back to the Denturist after work. As soon as we hung up I called and was able to snag a cancelled appointment after my shift.

Alec was right on as far as figuring when that job would be finished and we buried it in the Sandbox together. We were just in the process of loading a smaller Feedscrew when a Contracted Pipe-Fitter shut a number of jobs down. He had to replace a Pressure Regulator so he had to shut the only Compressor we have in the Plant.

Vinnie the Engineer and Paul the Controller asked us to do Two Twenty-Three Foot Feedscrews before any more Rebuilds. They are for the Company’s Best Customer. Since it weighs nearly Five Thousand Pounds we’ll be using the Safety Stands on the PTA.

When the shift ended I managed to make it to River Towne Dental in Amherstburg in short order even though it was Raining. As I approached I could see a lot of Flashing Lights. In the very next block was a Six Car Pile Up. Of course it was caused by Distracted Driving.

Our high temperature for the day.

Discussing my problem with Adam it was determined the only way to permanently fix the problem was to make a new plate. It will take about Two Weeks but then the Pain will disappear.

It only took Thirty Minutes from Amherstburg to the east side of Windsor. For supper we had Veggie Wraps using the Stir-Fry I made yesterday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when people call at 9:00 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"

2 comments:

  1. That must be very uncomfortable having denture pains and not enjoying your meals while chewing. Hopefully the next set will be perfect. Those two big feedscrews must be for farm equipment as they are very busy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to snag an appointment with your dentist.

    ReplyDelete