It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Getting Worse, Getting Things Straight and Our Friend Kathie.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting everything set up on the PTA before leaving work yesterday I thought that I would be welding a lot sooner then I was. I started the Preheat at 6:00 this morning and hit the Start To Weld button by 7:15. If you recall I mentioned how Alec just recently told me an easier way to correct the Torch when it was straying from its setting. It got Worse.

I actually had to pause the process to make manual corrections. By luck moments after I restarted the process Alec walked in. With a quick look at my numbers and a quick measure with his tape he was able to roughly change the numbers and put the torch back on the path it should have been all along. We had a long conversation about his easy fix instructions.

By break time I had already been summoned to the Inspection Bench where the TIG Welder is located. Even though I set up a Portable Welding Shield to protect others around me from Welding Flash the bright light still reflects off the ceiling. That was a calling card for Five Machinist. Some had Pinhole Problems while others had Deep Gouges in the sides of Flights caused by the Wannabe Machinist running the CNC Mill.

It felt good talking to Kathy at lunch while she was out running errands. There was a problem with One so I planned to deal with it after work.

By the end of the shift I had changed jobs Fifteen times and Alec was still working on the first job I had started. It felt good to be heading home but I had to stop at Guardian Storage to straighten things up before going to Motor City Community Credit Union to do some banking.

The Surgeon’s Office called asking me to come in tomorrow morning instead of the afternoon. I argued that having just started a new job my boss might not be so understanding.

We were both feeling tired so we had a quick meal of Lasagna for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News is still saying there is an increase in Coronavirus Cases but the New Boosters will soon be out that will better protect us from the Omicron B-4 and B-5 Variants.

Christine called keeping us updated on her mother’s condition. You might recall our friend Kathie fell out of bed and broke her Hip. Since then she’s developed other health issues. Christine was shocked when she went to see her mom after work only to find she had been transferred to the other Hospital in the city without them notifying her in advance.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why are skeletons so calm?


Because nothing gets under their skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment