It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, October 14, 2022

No Relief In Sight.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After waking a few times through the night I was surprised that when I woke at 4:00 this morning I could not fall back to sleep. After laying there watching the Clock change I finally got up Ten Minutes before the Alarm was set to go off.

The first thing I did after saying “Good Morning” to Mile was to remind him that I would be leaving early today for my Doctor’s Appointment. I also mentioned I would not take my lunch but simply leave at the time it would normally end. He said that was good for him.

The next thing I did was to mount a Two Inch Diameter Feedscrew that was only Eight Feet long into the Plasma Transfer Arc. That would help Alec get an early start on it when he came in.

Lots of people would think that a small Feedscrew like that would be easy to do but they would be wrong. Even with regular Stick Welding it is easier to weld thicker material then thin because you can spread excess heat causing less holes in the material. Besides it’s small size this Feedscrew had Four Zones which made it more complicated and would require multiple passes of Hard Surface Material to make it more durable.

By 8:00 when Alec arrived I had already completed Repairs and Touch Ups on Three different Jobs. Unlike yesterday where I changed jobs Fifteen Times today I would only log in Seven. The one that took the longest was running a bead the diameter of a Pencil Lead Fifteen Feet in length.

As I was wrapping up the Machine I noticed green fluid on the floor and immediately recognized what was happening. There was a Coolant Leak in the Torch. I reported it to the Lead Machinist before leaving. It will probably need replacing.

As I left the parking lot heading down the road I managed to eat my Sandwich for a late lunch. Luckily traffic was fairly light so there was nobody to play Dodgem with.

Since I had been asked to come in early by phone yesterday I did arrive a little early at the Surgeon’s Office. They didn’t leave me sit too long in the Waiting Room before moving me to an Examination Room where I struggled to stay awake for over a Half Hour. When the Doctor came in we first discussed my Hernia before I was examined. This Hernia is more Painful then my first but it does not Protrude Outwards like the other did. Since the Doctor is relocating her practice to Strathroy Ontario my file will be passed on to her Colleagues but because it poses no immediate threat to the Bowel they recommend just putting up with it. I was sent for Blood Test and a CAT Scan will be ordered to see if there is something the Ultra Sound did not show.

The Wind made the temperatures feel cold.

I stopped at Staples so I could make some Copies. I could use our Printer but if the documents got wet they would smear but getting the Copies done at Staples their machines use Laser technology which makes the documents more secure. Three of the Copiers were “Out Of Order” and there were people scanning Books on the other Two while people stood in line waiting for their turns. Ten Minutes later I just headed for home.

I barely explained my day to Kathy before having a Snap in my recliner. When I woke we cooked up a Store Bought Thin Crust Medium Spinach Pizza for our supper.

Thankfully this was a short work week and I have the weekend to recover.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your local ambulance has a trailer hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment