It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Surgical Consultation Coming.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Getting an early start allows me to get Feedscrews that have minor repairs fixed before the rest of the crew comes in for 7:00. It also shows that I know what I’m doing when it comes to these Hard Faced Metals to produce a quality product. I was finishing the Third such repair when the rest of the crew arrived. I didn’t even have to move these jobs off the Workbench because the Machinist knew which jobs they were working on and brought them to their Lathes themselves.

When Alec arrived he was told to get the Ten Inch Diameter Feedscrew that had been machined ready for the Bearing Surface welding. By the time he had that installed in the PTA I’d finished all known repairs so I went to help. I changed out the Powder from a very hard Duroxite 83 Compound to the Stellite 6 Compound. That meant climbing the Ladder to fill the Bins.

Mile was proud of how the Test Piece Alec had produced on Friday had turned out. There was additional Grinding done to check the different depths of the weld to be certain we had resolved the issue of Pinholes in the Bearing Surfaces.

We continued working together until after the first break when I had to fill another Centering Hole to fill for Henry. Since it was mounted in a Lathe the only option I had was to use the Stick Welder. It took longer to set up and tear down then the Fifteen Minutes to actually weld it.

I was able to talk with Kathy at lunchtime. We weren’t sure whether I was going straight home or to do more work on the Trailer.

The rebuild of the Ten Inch Feedscrew Bearing Surface was going well. It was taking approximately Twenty Minutes for each welding bead including the heating and cleaning between each pass. Alec would have to stay to finish that job but I had things of my own to contend with.

Two more rebuilds were brought to the Inspection Bench where the TIG Welder is located. One needed multiple Touch-Ups while the other simply needed Flight repairs. It was after 4:00 when I punched out and Alec was Four Passes away from finishing his job.

Traffic has normally thinned out by that time but not today. After a quick stop at Princess Auto I was again caught up in bumper to bumper traffic.

For supper we cleaned up some Leftover Potato Wedges and Chicken along with some Coleslaw.

Reading about some of our Fulltiming Friends getting ready to head back to the Southwest has got us wishing we were able to join them this year but the way my Hernia is getting worse it is doubtful. Besides I have a Consultation with a Surgeon this coming Friday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why are ghosts such good cheerleaders?


Because they’ve got so much spirit.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your consultation Friday.. Mine is tomorrow on my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure trust you will finally be able to have that pesky hernia repaired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henias are no fun, Ken's had five. Going you get surgery soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the consultation goes well, I'll be thinking of you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete