It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Something Else and Cleaning Up.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Last night before leaving work I already knew exactly which Feedscrew would be getting my attention this morning. I must have Planned it because it didn’t happen. The Afternoon Machinist were supposed to cut the Keyways in it last night so I could finish the job today. When I got to the Inspection Bench all that was there was a Feedscrew encased in Plastic. Looking at the CNC Mill there was the job I was supposed to work on mounted in its grips with no Keyways cut.

Jason and I searched unsuccessfully for any repairs that I could easily attend to. The only thing that Mile could come up with was for me to get the PTA ready for the Ten Inch Test Piece I talked about yesterday.

I loaded the Stellite Number 6 Powder in the Bin before cleaning the Torch and making the needed adjustments. The only thing I did not do was to turn on the Welding System.

By 7:30 Jovo had found a Feedscrew that had been hidden among others that the Afternoon CNC Machinist had gouged the side of the Flights where it met the base. That took over Three Hours to weld while I was kneeling on a board. There was no other place to work on it and Management was not happy that there had been an attempt to hide the Mistake.

It was nearly 11:00 when I finally had access to the Feedscrew that I should have had Five Hours earlier.

I was again able to talk with Kathy during my lunch break. I reminded her of the Banking I had to do on the way home.

I continued welding the Feedscrew edges that had been chattered but had to stop a couple of times to fill Pinholes on a 75mm and 105mm Feedscrews. The next step for those is the Chroming process.

With only a Third of the job I should have started earlier completed I know exactly what I’ll be working on in the morning.

It was close to 4:30 when I walked in the Apartment. After emptying my Lunchbag I started sorting the Laundry. Since we have spent so much time at the Trailer there was over Two Weeks accumulation.

Everyone in the building received a Notice the other day saying that both the Laundry Rooms were being shut down immediately for renovations. With the lack of maintenance that was why we started going to the Super Clean Laundromat a few months ago. We arrived at 5:30 and had everything going before the 6:00 deadline. Using different Washers today we were walking out with our clean folded clothes by 7:00.

Not having eaten we drove over to Wendy’s for our supper. We were so tired we had trouble eating our meal.

It was after 8:00 when we arrived in our Apartment but still had to put the clean cloths away.

With the forecast of Rain for tomorrow we’ll stay close to home and get some personal things completed like catching up on our Blog and Comment Reading.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your mamma tore her best dress coon hunting,

No comments:

Post a Comment