It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Not What We Planned For.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

By starting early I knew that I would have most of the welding finished on the smaller Feedscrew before Alec arrived today. Everything was going well after welding the first Two Zones I had just laid the first pass on Zone 3 when Mile came by. If I was between passes he needed a quick Touch-Up and Alec had just called in sick for the day.

Luckily I was between passes and it was only a couple of Pinholes but the fact that Alec was not coming in meant I would be finishing this job myself. It was 12:40 when I finally buried it in the Sandbox for the slow cooling process.

When I called Kathy she was busy doing some banking so we’d talk when I got home.

Back inside I already had the Blueprints of the next Feedscrew to be welded but first it had to be mounted. That may sound easy but I’ll walk you through the steps. First it had to be lifted using the Crane in the next bay and placed on a Transfer Cart. Since it was only Twenty-Three Feet long and weighed Five Thousand Pounds it only took five of us to push it in the Welding Bay. Then it was a matter of picking it up with Another Crane and slowly maneuver it onto the Plasma Transfer Arc welding machine.

It rained all day.

Using a Magnifying Glass to read the tiny numbers on the Blueprint it was nearly 3:00 when I finished entering all the numerical information. It was at that time Mile came over saying we need both these Large Feedscrews welded this week. That meant Alec will start the process when he comes in tomorrow morning and I’ll be on the Afternoon Shift for the remainder of the week considering there is no Afternoon Shift. This was definitely not what we planned for.

Veggie Wraps for supper with
Halloween Cake for dessert.

Back at the Apartment Kathy was disappointed to hear of my Shift Change but it is only for Three Days I hope. It will give us a chance to do a few things together during the day. I always called Afternoons the Anti-Social Shift. I’ll try hard to keep the Blog up to date.

Our high temperature
with Gusty Wind.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You watch cartoons long after your kids get bored.

2 comments:

  1. At least the shift change is only for three days. Rain, cold, and gusty winds does not make for a good day :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hope your antisocial shift doesn't last longer than they say. What time is it actually. 3-11?

    ReplyDelete