It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 19, 2021

Not A Good Morning, Measured Again and Kathy’s Knee Improves.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I had barely started my Morning Walk Around when Paul the Owner mentioned getting together later to talk about a Project that they wanted me to work on. What later surprised me was that the Ovens had not been fired up but everything else was running the way it should.

Since there were no Carriers waiting for me when I returned to the Compound and I knew that Kharen would not arrive for another Forty-Five Minutes I set about sorting all the Sockets in the Company Tool Box. I had to chuckle to myself because in my personal Tool Box I have a better assortment of and more Sockets that are better organized. I was also amazed to find there was not a single Ratchet Wrench to make them all worthwhile.

I just happen to look up to see Kharen about to walk by so I hollered “Good Morning”. He barely raised his hand in a wave and walked by. He didn’t seem to be having a “Good Morning”.

I decided to overlook my sketches of the modification to the Powder Coating Booth and start gathering Materials. The problem when measuring around Pipes, Beams and Wires along with a Lop-Sided Booth numbers don’t always add up. So when in doubt go measure what is causing the problem again.

With my Notebook, Flashlight, Tape Measure and Ladder in hand I headed down the Paint Line towards the Booth. That’s when I saw Kharen working with the line workers putting heavy parts on the Carriers. I then realized why he wasn’t having a “Good Morning”.

I would never be in the room if there was any Powder Coating taking place. Even with painted parts going by I was more then Safe on the outside of the Booth. I found the discrepancy and was able to double check the rest of my measurements. When I headed back to the Compound Kharen was busy taking the freshly painted parts off the line.

It felt strange being able to sit and draw all the panels that will be needed to create this Project. After tacking the frames Aluminium Panels will attached. Everything will be brought to the Powder Coat Booth for the final assembly.

After carrying Angle Iron from the far Bay at the back of the building I also gathered all available Materials in the Compound and started cutting Pieces to size. That’s when I noticed it was lunch.

When I talked with Kathy her Knee was feeling better and she was taking her Brace off while sitting at the Computer. I reminded her of another errand I’d be doing on the way home.

There was a Carrier that needed welding at the Compound when I returned from lunch. That was when I found out there is now a problem with the Gas Flow on the Small Portable Welding Machine and it was the only one working at this time.

Kharen was happy to see parts for the Booth adding up but was not happy that both Welding Machines are presently down.

Even after running Two Errands I was only Ten Minutes later then normal when I arrived at the Apartment. There were no Jobs to apply for and there was no word on last week’s Interview.

We worked together preparing supper. We shared some Precooked Spare Ribs, an Acorn Squash and a bottle of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) for the meal. Kathy also made Baked Apples for our dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported only 3 New Coronavirus bring the Active Cases to 14 in the Windsor/Essex Region.

Our high temperature felt like 91 F (33 C) but temperatures will be climbing again this week.

Hopefully tomorrow will be another good day even though it’s a Tuesday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You get to choose what monsters you want to slay. I’m sorry to say this again but let’s face it, the Force is with you.

Carrie Fisher, Actress

1 comment:

  1. Sure sounds like a lot of things need fixing at that job location or is that normal in a welding-type shop?

    ReplyDelete