It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

A Different Kind Of Tuesday.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Just after publishing the Blog last night Kathy pointed out how Orange the Moon was. Little did we realize that the Smoke from Wildfires in Northern Ontario and Manitoba is affecting the quality of air in our Upper Atmosphere.

Taken through our Bedroom Window.

Even before the start of the shift Paul the Owner stuck his head into the Compound. His words were “We have a problem and you need to fix it”. Looking out a Forklift that was parked there needed a lot of help.

Most Forklifts are equipped with a Safety Bar attached behind the Forks ahead of the Mast. This is in place so if stock comes off the Forks the Safety Bar will protect the driver.

The Safety Bar on this Forklift was bent and only attached by a single Bolt. Attempting to remove it with Hand Tools was a waste of time. Using an Impact Gun and one of the Sockets I sorted yesterday didn’t take long to have it on the Bench. Using the Torch it was soon the shape it should have been. The problem was finding Bolts that would hold it back in place. As I’ve said before Paul is CHEAP and won’t buy anything new so I had to sort through Old Bolts until Four Usable Bolts were found. Too bad he doesn’t think of the Wasted Time it takes to work this way. Eventually the Safety Bar was installed but I had to weld it to the Cross Bars for additional support.

I returned to cutting the Materials that I’ll need to modify the Powder Coating Paint Booth. The only time I saw Kharen was when he delivered a few of the Welding Supplies I have needed for over a month which will come in handy for tacking these Frames together. What was really surprising was that he didn’t scream at me for no apparent reason. Not only do I have all the pieces I need cut but many of them had been coped by my 1:00 lunch.

When I called Kathy she surprised me saying she had just gotten in from the Grocery Store. She said for a Tuesday the store was packed.

By the end of the shift One Frame was welded together with a few more ready to be assembled. Hopefully they’ll all be finished tomorrow so the skins can be attached. The plan is to install them this coming weekend.

Even though I felt comfortable with the temperature Kathy had the Air Conditioner on in the Apartment when I arrived. Even though she only turned it on when she brought the groceries home she needed a sweater to protect her shoulders from the chill by this time.

We had a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper that we ate while watching the News.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported only 2 New Coronavirus bringing the Active Cases to 15 in the Windsor/Essex Region.

Our high temperature today felt like 95 F (35 C). Thunderstorms were forecasted for this evening. The News was just barely over when the sky began to darken and minutes later the Rain began. Tomorrow the temperatures will be cooler before again climbing by the end of the week.

I didn’t hear any feedback from the Job Interview so it might be wise that I call back tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

How do we know the ocean is friendly?


Because it waves.

3 comments:

  1. Our day started out very humid but it all changed after the rain we received around 4. Cooled it off quite a bit that I closed windows before bed.
    That moon was pretty.Kathy and I had the same idea to get a picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar er with Canadian liability laws or the Canadian equal to OSHA- I would be concerned with you being sucked into a potential liability with jury rigging repairs for a cut the corners outfit like this. Rick. I'm confident you have done the best that can be done with what you had to work with - If the tired a^^ old forklift fails and injures or kills someone,a forensic failure analysis's may result in your personal liability. just an observation sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fear that you many have some of our BC smoke as well as the wind has sent it your way. I don't recall having to deal with forest fires during my childhood. So sad that the world has come to this.

    ReplyDelete