It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Busy Doing Repairs, Changing Attitudes and Another Job Interview.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After doing my Walk Around and adding another concern to my list of equipment needing service I straightened another Carrier before getting ready to haul the Welding Machine over to the Loading Dock. Overall it’s only Six Hundred Feet but the Humidity and Floor Conditions made it a challenge.

Another delay loading a Truck meant that I would have a later start than planned so I returned to the Compound to straighten more Carriers.

When I got the go ahead it didn’t take long to make the sparks start to fly. Having blocked off the Two Docks in need of repair stopped Semis from backing in. I completed the Deck Plates on both units before making my way outside and repairing as many of the Overhead Cracks as possible.

I was just about to give control of the Docks back to the Shipper but when I pulled on the release pin the Ring came off the Chain. I watched in disbelief as the Chain fell back through the hole settling below the Dock making it impossible to raise. Asking the Shipper to use the Forklift to raise it from outside resulted in being told to get Paul the Owner for that.
Not seeing him on the shop floor I went in the Office only to find Kharen the Supervisor interviewing someone for a job on the line. When I found Paul wasn’t there Kharen politely asked what I needed. (Sounds like the day of my Interview.) When I explained the problem and that Trucks were arriving he said get what Tools I need and meet him there.

I brought a short length of M.I.G. Wire and the Torch. While Kharen drove the Forklift outside I fished the Wire down through the Hole then went around to guide him. It was strange by his reaction he thought he would not be able to do what I needed. With my coaching and guiding it took Five Minutes for me to again put the Safety in place and then attach the Chain to the Wire.

Kharen actually smiled and congratulated me for working Safely. (What is happening to this person?)

Back on top after getting the Ring through the Chain I heated the Ring to reshape it slightly. This event will never repeat itself. By the time I pushed the Welding Machine back to the Compound and returned to get the Torch the Ring was cool to the touch.

There were more Carriers to keep me busy until Lunch. While I was talking to Kathy as I ate I could hear commotion behind me. The Forklift Drivers were having problems unlocking the Outside Propane Storage. Next thing I know is Paul putting the 3 in 1 Oil on the Picnic Table and asking me to lube the Locks after my lunch. I spent the rest of my shift straightening more Carriers.

It was trying to Rain by the time I got home but other then a few drops on the windshield nothing. I had barely sat down in my Recliner with a Root Beer to quench my thirst when Angela called. She works for a different Employment Agency and did a phone Interview. She knows about Tomorrow’s Interview and if it’s not as good as I hope she has Two Jobs that I highly qualify for. Like I said yesterday Jobs are starting to come out of the Woodwork.

We had a Store Bought Thin Crust Medium Mushroom Pizza for supper.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they talked about 1 New Coronavirus Case bringing the total Active Cases to 28 in the Windsor/Essex Region.

Our afternoon high temperature only felt like 104 F (40 C) and a lot of surrounding areas got drenched with Heavy Rain that we missed.

I’ll let you know how the Interview goes on Tomorrow’s Blog.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

A.A. Milne, English Author. (Winnie the Pooh)

No comments:

Post a Comment