It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 5, 2021

Interview Test, 130th Turned Down and Cooler Days Coming.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After catching up on lost sleep the last couple of days I decided to set my Alarm this morning. This was done to realign my sleep pattern with the work week and it gave me the chance to get some of my morning reading done before I would have to leave. I had checked The Weather Network, read The Windsor Star, checked for any Job Ads on Indeed and got started reading the Blogs we follow on our Sidebar.

Kathy hadn’t slept too well on Saturday Night so she was making up for it but at 9:00 I had to wake her up. It’s always nice having breakfast together and I was looking forward to it. We got a little more reading on the Computers before I had to head out.

I knew exactly where this company was located but can you believe I drove right by. Luckily I was early so it gave me time to drive around the block at a slower speed. The Trees surrounding the Building have filled in so much it was hard to believe there was even a business along that road.

The Office Doors were locked up with information about following Local Health Unit guidelines against the spread of Coronavirus. It gave a number to call for admittance. The owner John let me in took my temperature and took me in for a one on one Interview. Then Gian (Italian spelling for John) took me out to the shop for my test. This place is state of the art Safety to protect its Employees. There are Fresh Air Feeds along all the walls with Smoke Hogs to suck up the welding Particulates. These are water cooled M.I.G. Welding Machines that I have never been exposed to but managed to lay down mostly exceptable welds. Even the T.I.G Welding Machines were better then I have ever dreamed about.

I was told there was another Applicant also coming in for testing today so they would be getting back to me. Whenever I hear those words I’ll hope for a positive outcome but won’t hold my breath.

It was nearly 1:00 by the time we were having our Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch with Baked Apples and Oatmeal Cookies for dessert.

I had to do a quick wash up and change of clothes before we were again out the door. Kathy came along for the ride and after I parked the Car in the shade she sat back to do some reading considering that it felt like 108 F (42 C) at the time.

We were at the Canadian Blood Services building where I planned on making my 130th Donation today. Again my temperature was check to be certain it wasn’t high before going inside to be screened. That went well but during the screening itself my temperature was a Degree Celsius too high and the rules would not allow them to retest me nor take my Blood. I’m rescheduled for Thursday.

Kathy was surprised that I was back at the Car so soon. Knowing that I take care of myself and was feeling good could not believe that I had been turned away.

We stopped for our Mail at Guardian Storage before heading to Dollarama for some food stocks. Next we went to Staples for some office supplies. It was past 5:00 and we still had Groceries to get so we had supper out. Wanting something different we went to Arby’s Drive-Thru where we each had a Greek Gyro.

It was nearly 6:30 when we got back to the Apartment after stopping at Zehr’s grocery store. We had missed most of the 6 o’clock Local News and by the time we put our groceries away it was over.

The high temperature today felt like 108 F (42 C) this afternoon around the time we were at Canadian Blood Services. I wonder why my body temperature was up. The Temperature will be cooler for Thursday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do cars eat on their toast?


Traffic Jam.

1 comment:

  1. Seems to be a heat wave everywhere! 104 here today and for the next week or more..yuk. Good luck Thursday with your temperature. Hoping you hear soon on the job!

    ReplyDelete