It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, July 2, 2021

He Wants Control and Interview/Test Set.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I actually felt good going in to work this morning. After having accomplished what I did yesterday it was certain to be a good day.

There were Five Carriers lined up outside the Compound even before I arrived so I knew it would be busy. As soon as the shift started I did the Morning Walk Around finding a few more issues to add to My List. The reason I said “My List” is because nobody seems to care what I find. It’s like it is just something to have me do.

Back at the Compound it took nearly an Hour before all the Carriers were repaired. Rather then leaving them in my way I started hauling them back to the Line. As I did that there were more Carriers showing up in need of repairs.

Only seeing the Supervisor in the distance I went back to start cleaning up the Compound itself. I had been so busy that it had been a week since I last cleaned it and lots of that was Metal Grinding. The colour of the floor changed from a Grey Colour to the Off White of Cement.

Kathy noticed some activity on her morning walk.

As soon as I finished my First Break I started sorting through the piles of pieces that had once been part of other Carriers until such time they were modified. As they were being sorted I also cleaned them up using a Grinder so they could easily be added to the next projects.

Roof Replacement.

Talking with Kathy at 1:00 I learned she was able to get out for a morning walk through the Neighbourhood behind the building and she was feeling like she would go back again. The temperature was perfect which helped her breathing.

I made certain that there were no Carriers down by checking around the Line every Hour. Of course around 2:30 while I was checking Kharen decided that since everything was good I should dig through a Metal Basket of Smaller Carriers to be certain they were all straight. Remember how he likes to control everything you do.

For supper we had Acorn Squash with Fried Chicken and Baked Apples for a dessert. It was all tasty and filling.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they reported 2 New Coronavirus Cases bringing our Active Cases to 54 for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The North Wind helped to keep things cooler.

The high temperature today felt like 77 F (25 C) this afternoon which was far more comfortable then the last number of days.

On-Line Susanne sent me all the information I’ll need for my Interview/Welding Tests on Monday. If I’m hired I might be starting sooner then expected because life could get unbearable when I give my notice. I am so hoping.

I had brought my Coveralls home to get washed so after the News I brought them down to the Laundry Room. I had thought about running them through a second Wash but after the first I noticed them coming apart at the Seams. Time for them to retire.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the stamp say to the envelope?


Stick with me and we’ll really go places!”

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the welding test, nothing would be better than hearing you got the job and can leave Kharen in his metal shavings!
    that squash looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are eagerly looking forward to putting the current job in the rear view mirror.As a favor. Unfortunately, and I don't believe I'm alone with this, I hope you are able to fully memorialize the details of heir reactions when you pull the plug on them. Not a pleasant experience for you for sure, however, your commentary and impressive demeanor during this expedition has resulted in a great read.

    ReplyDelete