It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Sunny Day, More Exercising and Pepper Steak.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Getting up before 8:00 is not something we do often unless we have appointments or I’m working. It was nice opening the Balcony Blinds to a Blue Sky with lots of Sunshine. Even though the morning temperature was below the Freezing Mark the temperature would eventually make it to 41 F (5 C) this afternoon.
With no plans or appointments we settled in at the Computers to get caught up on what is going on in the world.
Trying to eat more sensibly lunch was a Caesar Salad that Kathy added Tomatoes, chopped Bacon and Feta Cheese which not only made it a lot more tastier but made it much more filling. Of course we added a Yogurt Cup for dessert.
After we cleaned up the dishes together we talked a bit longer before I headed off to the Gym. It was just after 1:00 when I arrived at Planet Fitness and as soon as I was changed went about doing my Cardio Warm-Up. I increased the difficulty level before heading over to the Free Weights. Besides my usual routines I added extra exercises. By the time I started the Resistance Exercises there wasn’t a muscle in my body that wasn’t aching. If you think that’s not what I’m there for you’re wrong. Many people don’t realize that when exercise you are actually tearing the muscles but given a day off they totally heal. Think of it this way “No Pain No Gain”. By the time I finished my shower there wasn’t an ache in my body.
I got back to the Apartment just before 5:30 to find Kathy just about finished making supper. She tried calling Vera with no luck so she decided to stay home and since I wasn’t there she slowly started prepping things for supper. So what did she make? Pepper Steak! That meant she had to clean and dice Red, Orange as well as Yellow Peppers, chopped Onions along with cubing Sirloin Steak. When it was served on a bed of Egg Noodles topped with Parmesan Cheese it was great but Kathy didn’t stop there. She made Baked Apples for dessert. That meal nearly sent me back to the Gym.
The 6 o’clock Local News was preempted by a Golf Tournament so we found a couple episodes of “Mystery 101” to watch. Looks like we’ll be watching the 11 o’clock Local News.

We are already making Plans for tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.

Erma Bombeck.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got to enjoy a sunny day though a bit on the cold side.

    Kathy out did herself cooking today! I sincerely hope Vera is OK, it seems like she never answers her phone. Have you all considered contacting the authorities to do a welfare check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise is only fun if you have nothing else to do. I ran for over 30 years ... it's an addiction ... but now I'd rather go shopping! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you fine after a workout and nice hot shower. Bet it makes you feel more vibrant. Enjoy your day. Slowly getting warmer temperatures and nicer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the weather continues to improve although we all know what March and April can do in Ontario. :)
    You can have the workouts, not for me anymore. A good healthy walk to keep my bones active are all that's recommended by the doc. (thank goodness! haha)

    ReplyDelete