It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Making Changes, Grilled Salmon and “Jungle”.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It is getting to be a habit of always being the first at Work every weekday. Yesterday the Owner had suggested that we finish the Second Aluminium Job using the Spool Gun but personally it does a terrible job. As soon as the clock struck 7:00 I started tacking the last Two Units. By 8:30 I was in the process of welding which went a lot quicker when I was able to slide the Brackets beyond the Workbench. As I mentioned Aluminium likes to get rid of heat and even though the Brackets were being welded overhanging the Bench by the time I finished welding all the Brackets the Workbench could have been used as a Warming Table. Everyone was happy with the finished result.

Around 1:30 the Owner wanted to make changes on the Jig that I had just modified. When I first started that really bothered me because I knew that I had done the job properly but apparently he does that to everyone even employees that have been there over Ten Years. After having me cut it apart and put it back together it was the same as what I had done the other day. This Company actually makes money.

I was then given another set of Prints. They were simply a Shorter Version of the Prototype that we recently completed and fine tuned but there was a difference. Though the mechanics are the same and it is shorter it is being made for a company that wants to sell them.
It felt good to be Home but I needed to sit and relax. Kathy had been busy after Dusting and Vacuuming she continued going through the Filing Cabinet getting rid of old files and replacing them with files we had onboard from the last year.
Before I knew it my eyes had closed for Fifteen Minutes. When I woke instead of first going for a shower I started grilling Two Salmon Fillets on our Weber Q. When Kathy took the package out of the Freezer to defrost she thought it was only One which we would have shared. By lowering the heat they took a little longer to cook but came out perfect. We did share One along with a Twice Baked Potato and Garden Salad. Kathy recreated the other Fillet into Salmon Patties that we’ll have to eat tomorrow.

While Kathy did the dishes I finally had my shower. When I was done I wish I had taken it earlier but was just too tired.

Tonight we watched the movie “Jungle” starring Daniel Radcliffe. This was based on a True Life Story that took place in 1981 in the Amazon Jungle. This is no Harry Potter movie and it had you cheering for him to survive. We gave it a Ten.

Even on my days off there are still things to do and places to be. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your eight year old carries his Legos in a Crown Royal bag.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy .... I google everything too!!! You can learn SO much!!! Dinner looks delish. If I sat down on the couch after a hard days work, I'd be asleep. I've never heard of that movie, but it sounds really good. I'll see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be exasperating to work for the owner of a company like yours. At least you do not take it personally and go with the flow.

    Dinner looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick, if you go back and read your recent posts, you will see that you have often mentioned that you wished that you had taken your shower first as it revitalizes you. Can you not try and come home and shower first no matter what is on the agenda? Dinner can wait that extra 30 minutes as can a wee nap. If your body is clean and your pores breathing freely your body will bounce back quicker. Isn't it better to have that quality time as soon as possible after you get home. Perhaps you can give it a try for a few days. It is a later than normal dinner tonight and at 9PM PST we have fresh wild BBQ salmon on the grill.

    ReplyDelete