It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Gremlins At Work, Kathy Saw Stars and Great Supper.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I was busy making progress on the next Aluminium Project at Work when the Owner suddenly had me start modifying the Extra Safety Feature we had removed from the Prototype. Once he explained what he wanted to do he went to the Computer to draw up the braces that he wanted to add. After lunch he had a business meeting and I was left to deal with parts that would not fit. With the help of Gerry the Supervisor the Modified Safety Feature was finally installed on the Prototype by 4:30 which meant I worked an hour past the end of my shift.

Today our Humidex reached 97 F (36 C) and I completed the last Four Hours of my shift working in the direct Sunlight in the parking lot. By the end of the day my Coveralls were again soaked and I needed to consume nearly a Litre of Fluids before I could safely drive Home.

Kathy went to walk around the Walmart in Amherstburg this afternoon. It is one thing to stay Home when we are together but another when you are by yourself. She was very careful not to bump her Hand today but saw enough stars to fill the Milky Way when she instinctively gripped the Steering Wheel. She spent nearly Two Hours just walking inside the Air Conditioned Store. She also managed to find another movie based on a Real Life incident that we had been looking for.

When she got Home she was slow to go inside because the Shade on one of our Windows was down. Not sure if someone was inside but instead of calling one of the neighbours over she stuck her head in the Door to see if anyone else was inside. Not hearing or seeing anything she entered to find the Shade hanging crooked and a String hanging to one side.
When I got Home I prepped the grill and started cooking supper. We shared a Side of Spareribs, a Sweet Potato and a Zucchini. It all turned out perfect.

After the table was cleared I began taking down the Day/Night Shade to replace the broken string. It didn’t take long to do since I’ve done it many times but somehow the slight Knot that I had put in the Strings while I rehung the Shade became a non-moving Knot. Even with Kathy’s help I had to take the Shade back down to get that Knot out.

After I got the Dishes washed Kathy insisted on drying them. We both enjoyed nice warm showers. Tomorrow is another day. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Witty Words of Wisdom:

Some days you are the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

4 comments:

  1. I am very familiar with those gremlins!!! Sometimes they can be scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hated those shades. Always an issue when one broke. You have the patience and experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another long day for you both. Do you get overtime or time off in lieu of the extra hours worked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not believe your heat indexes. I was telling a friend of mine about how hot it gets in Canada and she had the same erroneous impression I had until I began following Canadian blogs that it was always cool in Canada.

    ReplyDelete