It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Happy Owner, Had A Date, Not What We Expected and Our Old Neighbourhood.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It felt strange finding a Semi in the Parking Lot to make a delivery before I arrived at Work this morning. I was still the first of the workers to arrive.

The first thing I did was to bring in the Tools that I brought from my Toolbox at our son Kevin’s garage last night. The next thing I did was to mark them with a Permanent Paint Marker. I’ve worked in environments before where my tools had grown legs. This way there is no mistaking who things belong to.

I had just finished cleaning up the Second Aluminium Project when the Owner came along to tell me he had changed the dimensions on the Safety Feature. After personally measuring the pieces myself I needed to shave a Half Inch off both the outer pieces then I had to drill new holes to fasten them down. The Owner was happy with the finished results.

At the end of the day after I washed up a bit more thoroughly and Clocking Out I went out to the Truck to get my change of Clothes I brought along. Once I was changed the Bag of Work Clothes went back in the Truck but I had a date. Kathy was sitting in the car patiently waiting for me as a passenger.

We had a 4:30 appointment to check something that was advertised On-Line locally. It’s called Facebook Market Place and it is amazing what you can find at a fraction of the price you would pay if it were new. When we arrived in the neighbourhood we immediately had an idea we might be passing on the deal. We went inside and the condition of the Building along with its Odor had us leaving without even going any further.

We checked out a few more places before realizing that it was past 6:00 and we were in Tecumseh not far from where we used to live in the Apartment. We went to the Chinese Restaurant that we used to order takeout from right next door. They were busy training younger staff but the quality of the Food was just as good.

With Kathy driving to more appointments and other places on her own the last thing she needs to do is run out of Gas so we stopped at the Pioneer gas station to top up the Car. From there we returned to my Workplace to pick up the Truck.

At Home a warm shower really helped to freshen up the both of us. There were a lot of RVs pulling in today to get an early start on the Labour Day Long Weekend. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

To err is human; to forgive divine.

Alexander Pope, English Poet

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Marketplace thing yet. It does seem to be beneficial if you're in a good neighborhood! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for a place to live so that you can work through the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the Facebook Marketplace very entertaining. Good luck with whatever you are looking for. Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owner sounds like he could use a course in making decisions and sticking with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know if I could work for someone who changes his mind so often. It is nice that you can.

    I had no idea you all celebrated Labor Day on the weekend as in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to say "on the SAME weekend as in the USA".

      My eyes are failing me :-(

      Delete