It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Visit and Visiting.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

When I went to bed tired last night I thought for sure that I’d sleep well through the night. It didn’t happen so after laying awake for an hour I got up to exercise at 6:30. My absence in bed woke Kathy who came in search of me to catch me working out. I lasted an hour and a half before I called it quits because I’m basically just getting back into it. 

Cooling myself down I went to get things ready for breakfast and to see what the Weather Channel had to say about what the weather would be like for the next week. Since Kathy still wasn’t awake I started reading the morning blogs and E-mails. I’m a slow reader and I finished my reading before Kathy woke up. When she had checked on me earlier she had gone back to bed and fallen into a deeper sleep than before.

After breakfast I did some computer work before having my morning shower to freshen up. Kathy was trying to do something on her laptop that just wouldn’t happen so I was trying my hand at it when the phone rang around 11:30. Kathy answered thinking it was our son Gary but it was Ernie. He and Cheryl were taking us up on our offer to stop in and visit and said they’d be over in an hour. 
Ernie and Cheryl
Right on schedule they arrived and we had a wonderful visit talking mostly of Christmas since they saw the mountain of gifts wrapped in the dining room and then travelling. Ernie is finally starting to feel much better now that his Chemo and Radiation treatments are finished.  Finally just before they were leaving we had a chance to give them a tour of not only our apartment but the laundry room and pool area. We all wished one another a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as they were about to leave and the thought of getting together in the Spring. 

Since the apartment manager Lynn was in I dropped off a plastic basket with our names and the dates we will be gone from and to. She will collect our mail for us while we are gone and the only request she had was for a fridge magnet of our travels when we return. 

We left early after 4:00 because the Credit Union prefers advanced notice when you pick up large amounts of American currency. That only took a few minutes so while we were parked we went next door and enjoyed our supper at Taco Bell. 

Even though the roads were turning white the driving was easy as we headed out to Amherstburg for our weekly Wednesday Night visit with Kevin and Melissa. They were not expecting an eight by ten family picture that I made them. I also brought my laptop so I could demonstrate the spreadsheets that I made for Melissa to use which will make things easier for her to keep track of their budget. As usual we had a wonderful visit filled with laughter and love. 

Tomorrow is another day closer to our departure and lots to do. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your brothers convinces you that you were an only child.



3 comments:

  1. A visit with friends is always a good way to spend the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you give me your Longitude/latitude too for tonight? Might come to check on your $$$$....:))
    Aren't you a little concerned about mentioning the visit to your bank here online....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same as Bea, could be an invitation some unwanted visitors.
    Be safe.

    ReplyDelete