It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hockey and One Day Closer.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

I was truly happy when I woke up wide awake this morning shortly after 6:30. The best part was that I had slept uninterrupted giving me a very restful sleep. I was even happier that I had enough energy to get an hour of exercise in which took away a lot of the aches that had been slowly coming back. 

When Kathy knows that I am working out and she wakes to not find me in bed she seems to be able to relax and fall back to sleep. She also is able to hear the kettle switch snap to the off position in the kitchen all the way in the bedroom. From a sound sleep she knows it is time to get up. 

After breakfast we quickly read our E-mails and read the blogs we follow. I got my shower and shave finished just on time for us to head out the door. It’s Sunday morning so we were headed to the Tecumseh Arena because Tyler was playing hockey. By the time we got there we met Tyler who told us he was playing goalie for his team today. This is a position that he has never played before but Sammy the regular goalie for their team was out of town with his parents for the weekend. How Tyler was chosen for the job was he was the one the pads fit best. 

Tyler’s team was missing four players total but tired as they were those kids did a great job of playing. Not trying to be judgmental but the other team had a few players that were playing a dirty game and the referees would see them breaking the rules but would ignore making the call. For Tyler having never played as the goalie he did a great job only allowing three goals against but the game ended in a tie. 

Karen needed to run some errands because Greg was at work so Kathy and I dropped him at home before going for lunch. Once lunch was finished we went back to Karen’s to help her find a problem with the lights that had suddenly stopped working on their Christmas tree. I worked with Karen until we had fixed the lights already installed and then I salvaged bulbs from sets of lights that just refused to work while Karen added more lights to what was already there. 
Tyler's team congratulating him on a job well done. 
Back at the apartment I was getting very frustrated when spreadsheets that I was trying to save to memory sticks were just not co-operating. In the end I had to E-mail them from one computer to the other in order to save these files the way I needed to. 

Kathy and I are going to try to sleep properly tonight because as soon as we finish our breakfast tomorrow we are heading across the border to go pick up our trailer. We’re hoping that the weather holds out until after it is parked back in its spot at the storage yard so we can start getting it packed for our trip at the end on the month. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        


You Might Be a Redneck If

Your Uncle Bob died from peeing on an electric fence.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, you took Tyler home after his hockey game....Don't those boys smell great after a game! ..... ooooo no! For such a cold game on ice, they sure sweat.