It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Loading Up and Attending a Christmas Party.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Yes the title says it all. We both slept in but right after breakfast Kathy went downstairs to retrieve a shopping cart. Myself I was busy sorting through the clothes that I’d be bringing with us on our trip to Florida. Once she had returned Kathy went through a list of clothes and checked them off as I packed it into a laundry basket. She had already gotten her clothes ready and had it packed in a basket but there are certain clothes that we’ll just have to pack the morning we leave. She said she should have brought two carts but was amazed when I made everything fit. 

It was a good feeling to be pulling in to the storage yard as we knew this was another step in the preparation of our departure. After powering on the batteries and opening the bedroom slide Kathy started packing the drawers as I brought in the baskets and bags of clothing and shoes that we are bringing. 

Since the ground was still frozen I laid my work rug on the ground so I could remove the low point drains to drain the pink antifreeze from the water lines. When I got to the second set of drains I had a shock to find the access door to our underbelly missing. It was only made of corrugated plastic cardboard but it helped to keep the holding tanks warm because the furnace blows warm air into that space. 

When I went to tell Kathy we had a problem she had one of her own. When the dealership had repaired the front nose cone of the trailer they had inspected it from inside by disassembling the inside of our closet. When they repaired the nose they put the parts back in the closet without reattaching them. I will give them a nasty call tomorrow but fix it myself because I had to repair it myself before because they couldn’t do it after three atempts. 

Once we had finished our packing we went to Home Depot where I was able to find Two foot by Two foot panels of the corrugated plastic cardboard and a couple of wood scrapes that I needed for leveling blocks. I was only charged for the cardboard and wished a Merry Christmas. Back at the apartment we had a late lunch before I returned to work on the trailer where not everything worked out today. Kathy did some housecleaning while I was gone. 

This evening we attended the Retirees Christmas Dinner at the Caboto Club. They served quite the meal and after a few dignitaries gave presentations the floor was opened to Dancing for the couples that wanted to. Of course there was always someone stopping at our table to talk about years on the job and about our travels.

After we started feeling tired we knew it was time to head for home because tomorrow our day will start early. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Every road trip begins with a jump-start and ends with a tow.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting your days are becoming. I am sure you two had a wonderful time packing....shorts, t-shirts, sandals...no winter coats needed in Florida.

    Sorry to read the issues you had with the 5er. Glad you are a handy man and can fix the issue yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting things all wrapped up and hope the weather clears for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine Kathy putting things away with her mitts on. I know I was when were getting ready to leave. Not fun!! But it is really beautiful down here and you will be dreaming sunshine and manatees. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to read of you getting ready to hit the road.

    You know....it's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys probably have a lot of fun like this. I always wanted a job in which I had to travel. I am still looking for it. I love it! I really enjoyed reading this post. Oh! and this venue looks a lot like one of the Chicago venues where we had a Halloweens party last year. It’s nice and is good for official parties too.

    ReplyDelete