It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Trailer Prepping and Timers

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Even with the slightly warmer temperatures that we were exposed to yesterday the air itself was still very fresh which meant that we both slept like a couple of logs. When I sleep that solid I normally don’t sleep late which was the case for me this morning. Getting up shortly after 7:00 I had gotten things ready for breakfast, checked out the Weather Channel and read all the morning blogs we follow before Kathy walked into the office. 

At that point we immediately had our breakfast because I wanted to get to the trailer before it got too late. This morning when I first checked the temperature it was 55 F (13 C) but by 9:30 it was already down to 50 F (10 C). Kathy had some chores she wanted to do so I went by myself to the storage yard. 

As soon as I parked the truck near the trailer I realized that I’d forgotten the bicycle cover in the car trunk where it had been stored while the trailer was being repaired. So I finished getting everything else mounted and stored where it was supposed to be. Next I was going to install the cable lock and for whatever reason none of the keys would unlock it even though I was positive it should. I got the empty containers from the pantry that Kathy wanted to fill back at the apartment. 

I was back at the apartment by 11:30 and as I’m opening the door Kathy is telling me lunch is ready. She said she’d heard the truck and when she checked saw me getting the bicycle cover from the car so she started lunch. After finishing lunch I retried the same key into the cable lock only to have it work this time. 

I had another errand to run so since it wasn’t too far from the storage yard. So I went back to finish getting the cover on the bikes and the cable lock installed. By 1:00 when I left the trailer the temperature was 41 F (5 C) and still dropping. 

After supper we went to our daughter Karen’s home as she had bought a new timer to replace an older defective one and no matter what they tried it wouldn’t work. She asked me to take a look because when we decorated our home I was running eight timers with a time spread of two seconds. After Greg telling me what they had tried and then doing everything possible to make it work I informed her she had a new defective timer. She’ll exchange it tomorrow during her lunch break. 

Now the only thing left is our clothes and the dry foods that we’ll get into the trailer the day we hit the road. We’ll be busy every day until we leave with visits and Christmas celebrations and watching the timer on the blog as the time gets closer for our next adventure. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Everyone in your family is an Elvis impersonator.

1 comment:

  1. Counting down! I hope you have good weather when you make your trip south!

    ReplyDelete