It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Full Day

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

It seems like I’m not as spry as I used to be. Years ago I was up bright and early hitting the gym before my shift at work and finishing the day off with another workout. After I retired I did the daily routine of working out in our gym we had downstairs in our home until we got so busy I started making it every other day. After our move to the apartment I was able to get back into the same routine until the Hernia started causing ill effects and it was over a year and a half before I could get back into it. Because I’m doing morning workouts and not using an alarm to wake it seems that my workouts are every third day like this morning and they are definitely not the workouts I used to do. I will keep at it though. 
When I finished and went into the kitchen there was Kathy making breakfast knowing I’d worked up an appetite. The Weather Channel reported that we were seeing our last above seasonal temperatures for the year and then reported on the damages caused in the rest of the province from the freezing rain that they experienced the last two days. Some places reporting trees with ice over an inch thick that caused power outages from Toronto out to the Maritime Provinces. 
We were at the Tecumseh Arena by 10:00 this morning to watch our grandson Tyler play hockey for the last time before we leave for Florida. They even had a celebrity coach on their bench today when Santa stopped in to share some pointers. Tyler himself had five shots on the net today one that actually went in just as the referee was blowing his whistle against the opposing and they disallowed the goal. The rest he just couldn’t get them past the goalie. The final outcome was a tied game so that helped raise the spirits of both teams. We will surely miss attending those games on Sundays as they are fun to watch.  Keep at it Tyler, you're playing very well! 
We went home to get caught up on our reading before Kathy made lunch. Afterwards she watched a Christmas Special while I tried to straighten out a few problems we’ve been having with the computers before we hit the road. I finally started getting things back under control when another Christmas Special was beginning so I sat and watched it with her returning to make adjustments during commercials. 
After having supper and watching the 6 o’clock News we went over to Karen and Greg’s for a visit. We had a pleasant visit where we talked about Tyler’s hockey game to computers to things that Kathy didn’t understand about Facebook. 
The rest of the week will be busy, busy, busy, until we leave on our next adventure on Friday because I've been trying to post the blog for over an hour. Looks like I might be at the computer shop before we leave. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Defeat: For every winner, there are dozens of losers.

Odds are you're one of them.

Demotivators

4 comments:

  1. Sure hope the weather cooperates and you get out of town and on your way south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler is getting better each time you post about him.

    Love that Santa showed up! Letting the kids know they are always being watched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get all your computer problems fixed before you hit the road... as if we EVER get them ALL fixed! Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete