It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Really Cold.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Last night before we went to bed Kathy said she felt like she was coming down with a cold so when she fell asleep the apartment could  have fallen down around her and she wouldn’t have woke up. 

It seems that any time we have an appointment or the next day is a travel day we have trouble sleeping. Well today was neither but I wanted to get up not too late so I could get an early start on the laundry. Now isn’t that pathetic being kept awake most of the night for something as simple as the laundry. After tossing most of the night and laying wide awake for over an hour I finally got up at 6:45 and started prepping things for breakfast. Because of Kathy’s cold I ate breakfast by myself before sorting the laundry and then heading downstairs to do the wash. 

Once the wash was started I returned to the apartment to make Kathy’s breakfast but I arrived too late. She was sitting there finishing her own breakfast saying that she had been up since before 8:00 approximately the time that I had left with the laundry. For the few minutes I had before returning to switch the wash to the dryers we discussed what I needed to accomplish today. 

Once I’d returned for the second time I did my morning reading as I was happy to hear that the temperature down south is slowly starting to rise. I also started the update on our GPS but for some reason it just locked up the computer. 

The next time I returned with all the folded clothes Kathy had already made lunch which include a healthy serving of her homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. After we’d eaten Kathy needed to rest for a while because her cold was causing a sinus headache. I tried a second time to upgrade our GPS and as it was doing that I went online to register Kathy’s laptop something I should have done over a month ago. 

This time it was the GPS that locked up not the computer so I had to wait for the battery to wear down so it would shut down. The saying is that the third time is a charm and its right because suddenly everything started working the way it should have in the first place. 

The temperatures for the last few days have been unseasonably cold so if we don’t have to go outside we avoid it. This evening on the 6 o’clock News the Weather forecaster was so cold doing a live shot from a roof top patio that he said we could find him in the Frozen Food Section of our local grocery store. 

With just over two weeks before we leave for Florida we have a lot of things still to get ready but we’ll manage. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Time-Management Tip:

Cryogenically freeze oneself solid during wasteful "between meetings" time.

theonion.com

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you getting some spam there.
    Keep warm and get things ready to go, get well soon Kathy.

    ReplyDelete