It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Spreadsheets, Helping Out and a Dinner Guest.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

We both slept so well last night that we also slept in catching up on the sleep that we’ve been missing out on. I had everything ready for breakfast and had already finished all my morning reading before Kathy finally woke. I honestly think that the cooler it is outside we also tend to sleep better at night. 

Once we had eaten breakfast and returned to the computers Kathy to do her morning reading and myself to get some spreadsheets updated. I managed to get the last of my fuel logistics and trailer towing logs completed before the phone rang. Our daughter Karen who has been having problems with her timers called to ask if I could come over to set up the latest replacement. I agreed we’d go over this afternoon. 

At that point I started working on another spreadsheet that I had promised to make for Karen for the purpose of keeping track of purchases for Christmas Gifts. I set it so the final page shows how many gifts each person receives and the total value is. Each Family also have their own tab which allows you to see exactly what the gifts were. 

I was so into what I was doing that Kathy startled me when she called me to come have lunch. She had made a wonderful Chicken Harvest Salad. Not only was it filling but it was healthy and good for our waistlines. 

I still had a few minutes of work on the file before we headed out the door. Karen was in the middle of house cleaning when we got there so I just started working on the timer. This is a mechanical electric timer so unlike the electronic type if the power goes out they will have to be reset. Next I went about replacing a missing bulb that was stopping a set of lights working. By this time Karen was outside with a Sawsall to trim the base of a real Christmas tree she wanted to set up in her upstairs living room. We then mounted it in the holder for her to decorate once the branches have relaxed. 

Now I set up my laptop to have Karen help me fine tune it for her needs. Once that was finished I was able to create files for her to use for the next seven years in a matter of minutes and copied it to a data stick. She doesn’t plan on keeping it on her home computer. 

As we were about to leave Tyler was just getting ready to go for hockey practice so Kathy and I dropped him off at the arena on our way home. He also found out that we were having Lasagna for supper so he asked if he could join us. 

Back at the apartment I was working on a budget spreadsheet for Melissa when the phone rang. Tyler was downstairs having arrived after his hockey practice. It didn’t take long for Kathy to nuke supper and we got a chance to enjoy his company. Unfortunately after hockey practice and Lasagna for supper Tyler was soon having a nap before it was time to go home. 

Tomorrow we are another day closer to starting our next adventure as we head south at the end of the month weather permitting. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your motion sensor alarm is a Big Mouth Billy Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment